Old fishin show thread

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still feel some pain over TNN being changed to Spike. Bill, Roland, Jimmy, Al, (In Fisherman) Orlando and a few I'm missing; plus they had the first "hunting" shows with the fake frontal reaction shots of shooters "finding" their animals.

I worked a midshift on 31 Dec 99. A bomb threat emptied the NCO club around midnight @ -20. I have my suspicions this was a "smart" ploy both clearing the place and facilitating zero DUI apprehensions. To my knowledge this never happened again.

Anyhoo as y'all say: I got home that morning, grabbed a beer and turned on TNN just before the end of the last infomercial: The Rocky Mountains soon appeared on the screen then TNN Outdoors began with Tracy Byrd. He said something to the effect of "Well, if you're watching me, "Y2K" was a bust."

That is all.

Iwhackwheat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Always liked this guy. Most of the time he just went fishing and filmed it, then narrated the episode later. I feel like that’s the way it should be done. Not all the yapping out in the field.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure on the watching other people live life deal.

I cant play football, so I watch fellas do it, same with baseball, boxing, etc. Fishing, hunting, humping, its all things I can do, sure don't need to watch some other ass clown do it and whisper his way through it...
Most annoying shit ever.

🍻

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ron and his brother Al Lindner. Famous for the "lindy" rig. I think they had a show called In Fisherman.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gotta throw my hat in the ring for Bill Dance...not so much for his fishing prowness but his bloopers...best ever if you ever need a laugh day.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure on the watching other people live life deal.

I cant play football, so I watch fellas do it, same with baseball, boxing, etc. Fishing, hunting, humping, its all things I can do, sure don't need to watch some other ass clown do it and whisper his way through it...
Most annoying shit ever.

🍻
Queer.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 42
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 18