Olympics?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Am I the only one watching the Winter Olympics?

Skiiing is hazardous this year, and disappointing for Team USA at this point.

I'm once again fascinated by the sport of Curling. And am strangely following the ROC women's team. Oh yeah and after the USA vs ROC men's team... USA, USA, USA!

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone got a feed for past curling events? I haven't seen any skiing accidents. But, I have watched the giant slalom and thought that course plus the lack of any shoulder and what's beyond looks very dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

And curling is a great sport especially for regular folk. So much goes into it.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have watched no Olympics. The news is good. The rich Kalifornia girl who spit on her home country by deciding she would skate for the Chinese fell on her ass twice. Made my day.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have watched no Olympics. The news is good. The rich Kalifornia girl who spit on her home country by deciding she would skate for the Chinese fell on her ass twice. Made my day.

You must mean this gal: https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asi...age-gold-medalist-with-geopolitical-ambitions

Sure can't say I condone her decision, but this is America afterall; she can do whatever the hell she wants to. She just may be late to the understanding that choices have consequences and trade-offs.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
You must mean this gal: https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asi...age-gold-medalist-with-geopolitical-ambitions

Sure can't say I condone her decision, but this is America afterall; she can do whatever the hell she wants to. She just may be late to the understanding that choices have consequences and trade-offs.

Absolutely, and it still made my day when she fell. Just like her choice to skate for the Chinese its my choice not to watch the commy #$&^#!. I was also happy to see that people tuning in was down 43%.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Haven't watched one second.....me thinks all these ppl competing will get some new strain virus they'll be bringing back to home countries.

I say "F the chinese" they can't be trusted.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is wrestling in the winter Olympics? Then no...

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Normally watch a lot of he Olympics but very little this year. Just doesn't have the appeal with no fans and little excitement. Add in that it's in China and that lessens the appeal a great deal. The young lady who is competing for the Chinese, haven't seen her at all, or any of the skating for that matter, but it's not unusual for some athletes to compete for another country than where they live. Not good enough to make the US team and have some citizenship ties to another country, probably the only way to be in the Olympics.

Did watch the US men and women curl against ROC yesterday. Women won easily and men in extra ends. Have never seen world class curling curl as bad as the Russian women. Lost track of the number of missed shots. Reminded me of myself when I used to curl in the local curling league which was a lot like softball where beer is also involved. Didn't see any of the Russian women fall but the rest of the game wasn't pretty.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought I saw someplace before the games started that she had renounced her US citizenship so she could skate for China. If that's the case, that's a whole lot different than having "ties" to another country and playing for them.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I thought I saw someplace before the games started that she had renounced her US citizenship so she could skate for China. If that's the case, that's a whole lot different than having "ties" to another country and playing for them.

She most certainly did. She can stay over there too.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven't watched one second.....me thinks all these ppl competing will get some new strain virus they'll be bringing back to home countries.

I say "F the chinese" they can't be trusted.
I agree, we need to quit educating their best students who take their skills and knowledge back to china to use against us. we should cut off all trade and manufacturing from them. There are enough other 3rd world cheap labor countries we could use to make products if thats what we want to do.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aren't they skiing right through an old nuclear plant? Fuckers are gunna come back to America glowing green.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I enjoy the Olympics. I'm a child of winter so I especially enjoy the winter Olympics. Winter sports are about the only sports I really watch anymore besides some college football and the NCAA BB tournament. From what I can tell, +99% of the athletes love their country and are honored to represent it. Many of them worked their whole lives to be there long before it was all about politics. I won't let the politics of the IOC, a few loser athletes, China, or NBC take away from that. The Olympics are one of the few times where most of the country comes together to show pride in the good ol USA - sign me up for some of that!

So I'll be tuning in tonight just like I have the last few nights. Luckily for me, the live primetime broadcast starts at 4pm and goes until I'm ready for bed.

As far as China stealing our talent, I think I heard a stat quoted by Jordan Peterson on JRE a couple weeks ago that China has more engineers just graduating college every year than the US has total. I don't think they need or probably want our talent.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aren't they skiing right through an old nuclear plant? Fuckers are gunna come back to America glowing green.

The towers initially gave me the same question(s). So I looked it up and it's not a nuke facility, which would seem strange they would want foreigners anywhere near their nuclear facilities. The towers are an old steel mill's furnaces.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
As far as China stealing our talent, I think I heard a stat quoted by Jordan Peterson on JRE a couple weeks ago that China has more engineers just graduating college every year than the US has total. I don't think they need or probably want our talent.

Are those Chinese engineering students graduating from Chinese Universities or are they graduating from Universities abroad?

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
The fact that the Olympics are in China is insane to me. They literally want to own the US in every way.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
She most certainly did. She can stay over there too.

Might be a really tough lesson for her someday. I don't think the U.S. smiles upon people who renounce their citizenship only to later try and come back.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd watch a lot more if I could find a free channel to watch it on . We are getting our asses whipped though. And we all know what the agony of defeat feels like but that skier Shiffrin, sat down on a slope like a snowflake and moped. I think she held up the show for a while. I get the emotions she was going through but that was a good showing of poor sportsmanship .

Anyone find good coverage on Roku free channels ?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33