Oops Montana

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
56e38ff0a2a2a.image.jpg

The Ravalli Republic recently pointed out this lame attempt to lure tourists to the Bitterroot Valley.
What's lame about it? Well, the Ravalli Country Business Improvement District spent money on this billboard outside of Lolo to promote the Bitterroot valley and river. Apparently, though, no one in charge of the project fishes, because the billboard features a fly angler with a hard bait at the end of his line and a jumping largemouth bass. I guess no one told the Improvement District that folks come to Montana and the Bitterroot to fish for trout, not bass. Now, I’m all about bass fishing—just not in the Bitterroot. Better luck next time, Ravalli County Tourism Improvement District.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kinda like the " experts" at scheels lol

haha no kidding. I love when I look at golf stuff and they try to tell me what I need. What they don't know is I spent 10+ years in the golf industry and have my PGA card. I'm usually laughing on the inside then they tell me what I need or how to fix something.

jer79

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kinda like the " experts" at scheels lol
Yeah, I like how all those twenty year old college kids have shot or owned every gun you look at... Or advice on decoys, I'm assuming they can't afford most the stuff in there. Then they say stuff like, "Last fall when I was pheasant hunting in North Dakota"...ummm, yeah big shooter, your in North Dakota.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I partly feel bad for em. I worked there for just shy of 5 years and can tell you that they prob have the money for one of the things that they sell. It might be hunting or fishing or golf or whatever. They do have a passion for the stuff, but at the end of the day I can promise that they don't have the intimate knowledge of things like you or I might. When it comes to say, rigging an $85,000 boat, I don't need someone to tell me how to do it. When it comes to shooting my bow, or one of my rifles, they don't know em like I do. I usually find one person that can give me valuable insight to what I'm doing and always go to them.

I always go to Andrew Schmautz. He's a good shit and a straight shooter. I don't even really want to talk to anyone else. I will give Andrew the commission 98 times out of 100. I feel as though he knows what I am after and helps me out whenever he can. I would invite him to my house for blue yum yums, I would invite him into my boat to go fishing. That's the type of person scheels should strive to put into positions within their store. It's all the leg humping tittie sprinkles that I hate when I go in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Rant over!

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you blaming your Scheels hatoo for being so full of shit??? Do you even have blue yum yums at your house

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So this thread is about Montana have scheels experts that aren't such experts? :;:rockit

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
We sure miss the Bitterroot. Met a lot of nice people out there and still friends to this day. Great place to live in the Hamilton/Corvallis area.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hahaha wow. You even mention bass around some of those folks over there and it can draw some dirty looks. Walleyes also, apparently folks have been dumping walleye and perch in quite a few western MT waters and those trout don't stand a chance.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hahaha wow. You even mention bass around some of those folks over there and it can draw some dirty looks. Walleyes also, apparently folks have been dumping walleye and perch in quite a few western MT waters and those trout don't stand a chance.

I beleive Colorado or Utah have a "no release" rule of you catch a walleye in their waters. Invasive species to them.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33