Open water. Are you ready?

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been going through my rods/reels, reorganizing my tackle, then reorganizing it again, buying way more gear/tackle than I really need, looking through lake maps and dropping waypoints, and on and on. I have yet to get the boat out and wash it, though. That is on the short list, however.

Are most of you ready? Getting ready? Thinking about getting ready?

These long springs wear me out. I am ready for open water. I might even hit up Nelson Lake this weekend.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never get out until Memorial Day anyways so no hurry . But it would be nice to have some resemblance of spring some day soon

NodakBob

Honored Member
Missouri River is opening up north of town, just a couple channels at Misty Waters so far, but wider further north. I bet Fox Island ramp will be open within a week…but it’ll be a month before I can get the boat out of the yard!

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I need to buy 4 new batteries and I'm not looking forward to it but it was rough last fall I could only get 4 hrs of trolling out of the 3 and I had to run the big more then I like cause the graph was draining my starting battery I should have replaced them last year but I limped them through lol now I just need to bite the bullet

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I need to buy 4 new batteries and I'm not looking forward to it but it was rough last fall I could only get 4 hrs of trolling out of the 3 and I had to run the big more then I like cause the graph was draining my starting battery I should have replaced them last year but I limped them through lol now I just need to bite the bullet
Sam's usually runs a sale on deep cycles and AGM's during most national holidays. Wouldn't surprise me if there's a sale this week or next with Easter here this weekend. Ive bought batteries for boats on both Mother's Day and Father's Day weeks with a discount in the past as well.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Temps beginning this weekend finally turning the corner...it seems! As much snow as we have, gonna be several weeks before I can get the boat out of storage. I am putting new graph on the console this year, other than that just the usual boat season prep stuff.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rods all have new line, tackle is squared away. New graph and trolling motor, but the boat is still shrink wrapped until we get some warmer weather.

By the way, long time lurker first time poster.
Welcome to the group

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
ABABD266-BF6B-4011-ABBC-1893BE326374.jpeg

Let’s go, SPRING

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not ready at all ---- to busy working ---- with this weather its not going to matter. 57 i doubt it hits it here. LRC shows another one coming in this time rain.

Gr8tz

Established Member
I just have to make a call to pick the boat up from storage and decide what trolling motor batteries to buy and I'll be ready to fish. I'm excited to try out livescope on the river.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84