Our "Real Job"

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've been a welder, mechanic, aviation photographer and lover of fine dogs and women.

I enjoyed all of them but the most fun was being paid to fly and shoot pics. Here's one of my favorites, if it's not ok to post it I'll remove it.

Attachments

3SGIP01.jpg

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was a well driller all my life but Semi retired and still farm a little. Empty nest and grandkids to take fishing and exploring the great outdoors, This will be the first real summer of my second childhood.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do lady's work.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been a welder, mechanic, aviation photographer and lover of fine dogs and women.

I enjoyed all of them but the most fun was being paid to fly and shoot pics. Here's one of my favorites, if it's not ok to post it I'll remove it.

That pic is freakin' awesome. Thanks for sharing.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
My job is to maintain oil field equipment on location (surface and down hole) and assist pumpers to make sure that their production numbers are correct and getting the optimal production from the well with the equipment available... Basically get the earl from 2 miles below your feet and get it through the equipment and into a truck or pipe without any getting on the ground... Not because I love my job but because I love North Dakota and I hate seeing the land tarnished when 100% of spills are preventable by thinking things through.

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
Parts manager for Detroit Diesel, Allison distributor last 8 plus years. Before that cabinet factory supervisor and machine operator for 20 years at TMI in Dickinson. Did oilfield for a few years before it fell apart in 80's. Drilled ratholes, hotoil truck and built and repaired downhole oilwell pumps.
I am younger than most people my age!

onpoint!

Established Member
Three careers... Currently healthcare executive, former law enforcement officer (county and city) and student in between (dragging three kids school to school). Most important job these days: adding value as a grampa to two little boys.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
For me it's saving up money and only buy toys I can afford, I have never ever financed a toy and I doubt I ever will.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Taught at the HS level and coached for enough years that I could retire. Now I occasionally work at a few odd jobs, mostly to have something to do. Try to spend some time hunting and fishing and following grandkids in their activities. I don't think I hunt enough and my wife thinks I spend way too much time and money on those activities. Most of you who are married probably have the same issue. Have reached the age and experience where outdoor activities with family and grandkids is far more important than killing something even though that's what we're all trying to do in many outdoor activities.

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member
Currently my full time gig is as a foreman for a truck transmission - differential - driveline shop. I am also self employed as a Tuffy Boats distributor, and am selling and installing marine accessories and motors.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
recently changed jobs. I'm in import/export now. I like it so far

- - - Updated - - -

previously sold propane

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 184
  • This month: 132
  • This month: 121