Pheasant numbers?

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going to try to get the dogs and 12yr old daughter out, took them out Sunday evening and ended up doing a walk for some sharpies and kicked up 10 with no shots for her. I wasn't planning to do it otherwise I would have brought a gun but it worked out good to so she can learn how fast things go, how the dogs work and I got to just sit back and pay attention to everything happening.
I know where a bunch of roosters are but won't really get around to hunting them because where they are is a recipe for loosing a downed bird in the cattails, will have to try to catch them in the tree belts or a couple other spots.
Not really sure if the numbers are all that great in my area but I am sure they are still way down and the local PLOTS near me are going to get hammered for a week or two again. Trying to find a place to get the kiddo out that isn't a tangled mess is looking to be a challenge

Last edited:

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pheasant #s seem up in the Alexander area I seen more of them while grouse hunting then I remembered last year I'm excited for a good season

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Numbers are hit miss I hunt all over state, and with waterfowl we hunt about 5/8 of state mostly east hyw 83. Crops are coming out so that will help. I help relatives and friends with beans and some corn nothing great.

Freedom

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Haven't seen much in the SE but did talk to a successful youth hunter last weekend

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Way more ducks and geese up there so every one should go north to shoot them. All our water is gone
Our water is way down too. Plus the fires we had last week pushed a lot of our pheasants south. Probably why you are seeing so many Kurt. I’d definitely head to SD for a double whammy instead of ND 😃

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26