Pheasant numbers?

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We had some frost Saturday morning so the fire danger was down this weekend, but if it doesn't rain they maybe should shut down the hunting

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had some frost Saturday morning so the fire danger was down this weekend, but if it doesn't rain they maybe should shut down the hunting
Oh they won't, that would interfere with the out of state money for licenses.
Would be the appropriate thing to do though.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh they won't, that would interfere with the out of state money for licenses.
Would be the appropriate thing to do though.
Really they never shut it down during the drought in the mid 2000’s. It was way dryer than it is now. Should they shut down harvesting or getting cows out of the pasture to sale. Probably should do fishing also a bearing could go out and start a fire on the way to the lake or fisherman throws his dart out the window and starts a fire. Letting the govt just shut something down because something might happen worked out good in 2020.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really they never shut it down during the drought in the mid 2000’s. It was way dryer than it is now. Should they shut down harvesting or getting cows out of the pasture to sale. Probably should do fishing also a bearing could go out and start a fire on the way to the lake or fisherman throws his dart out the window and starts a fire. Letting the govt just shut something down because something might happen worked out good in 2020.
I don't know Kurt, I have just heard from other friends that have been out west further. Say it is very very dry. If people are smart about it, probably wouldn't be any issues. Like you say, tossing a butt out the window is more apt to be the biggest no-no.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know Kurt, I have just heard from other friends that have been out west further. Say it is very very dry. If people are smart about it, probably wouldn't be any issues. Like you say, tossing a butt out the window is more apt to be the biggest no-no.
It’s dry but we have had 3 months of dry weather . Hell there were kids that were born that didn’t know what rain was till they were 5 years old from 02-07 The river was down 1.5 miles here from where it is now. There were only 3 usable boat ramps from Bismarck to Pierre. I see having rules in place and actually enforcing them but shutting stuff down that people wait for all year is way too extreme.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
the further west you go the dryer it gets. when i was in montana sept 1st i was shocked how dry it was. saw several places where a few hundred acres had burned.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 235
  • This month: 123
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 37