Sportsmen for Wildfire Relief

BrockW

Established Member
An avenue for Sportsman and Sportsmen’s orgs to donate for wildfire relief.

The North Dakota Chapter of BHA is donating $5k for relief.

https://www.facebook.com/share/yuAnX2qBjqMwtHqx/?mibextid=CTbP7E

IMG_9122.jpeg

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
The ND Wildlife Federation will donate up to $100,000 dollars matching. That is a lot of money.

Thought I would look up their 990.

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/237071000

2022 last current tax filing, net assets $4,693,649. Contributions are through the roof starting in 2015.

Hey Brock, are the contributions from gaming; blackjack, pull tabs etc.?

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leave it to FRITZ to see conservation organizations lend a hand to ranchers and try to disparage it. And don’t for one second act like that isn’t what you’re doing. Grow the hell up.

Hats off to the wildlife federation and BHA for helping out, don’t pay attention to the whiny amateur politicians pecking at their keyboard. I know for a fact the ranchers out there appreciate it.

Last edited:

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not gunna lie bravo my first thought was how many of the donated dollars go directly to the wildfire victims and how much is siphoned off into the salaries of the non profit. I certainly applaud the effort to get help to those who need it but I’ve grown pretty leery of non profits steering donations and relief money into their coffers to pad high salaries….. plus with their pushing of the cwd narrative I’ll make sure any money donated goes to another outfit…. Just my .02.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Understandable, but I like seeing the sportsman community working with ag. Maybe I'm just naive but I'd like to get back to the good old days where there was cooperation. And if you only supported outfits that aligned 100% with your views, you'd be in an outfit of 1.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leave it to Dwight to see conservation organizations lend a hand to ranchers and try to disparage it. And don’t for one second act like that isn’t what you’re doing. Grow the hell up.

Hats off to the wildlife federation and BHA for helping out, don’t pay attention to the whiny amateur politicians pecking at their keyboard. I know for a fact the ranchers out there appreciate it.
bravo, if you are going to insist on using my name, I insist you give me yours. I'll be waiting for your private message.
Not gunna lie bravo my first thought was how many of the donated dollars go directly to the wildfire victims and how much is siphoned off into the salaries of the non profit. I certainly applaud the effort to get help to those who need it but I’ve grown pretty leery of non profits steering donations and relief money into their coffers to pad high salaries….. plus with their pushing of the cwd narrative I’ll make sure any money donated goes to another outfit…. Just my .02.
The Executive Director is the only paid position. The figure is in the link post 2.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
bravo, if you are going to insist on using my name, I insist you give me yours. I'll be waiting for your private message.
Pass. I don't need to be harassed at work or home. Edited and won't use it in the future.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s well known that I’m not a bha guy at all but good on them for doing something and the others that have helped or donated.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Understandable, but I like seeing the sportsman community working with ag. Maybe I'm just naive but I'd like to get back to the good old days where there was cooperation. And if you only supported outfits that aligned 100% with your views, you'd be in an outfit of 1.
Then so be it. I’d rather walk a lonely road than compromise my values. I agree the days where sportsmen and ag were a unified voice were some of the best days….But politics and money and those in Bismarck through lobbyists and non profits have shit where they eat too many times for me.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Being old and feeble it is hard to remember exactly but about 20 some years ago western ND had a disaster of a fire near the Montana line. The ND Wildlife Federation raised money for diesel fuel for hay trucks headed out that way. I think Basin Electric kicked in a pretty good amount. Ranchers could apply and the # of applicants was divided into funds available. It only amounted to a couple hundred bucks per truck but better than a kick in the ass. The NDWF received less than 10 thank you cards. Kind of embarrassing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 239
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 39