Pheasants 2022

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
opening day was good was more impressed with the amount of huns i saw

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
We struggled Saturday , 5 guys 6 birds . Didn't see that many birds either . We were in SW ND

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the late winter storms this year, surprised at bird number we ran into on sunday, I missed the opener for the first time in like 20 years, danm garage door, I was on a mission to get it into place and I accomplished that all by myself, said sunday I'm going hunting. We made 2 youth hunters happy, they bagged 6 birds. Me? unfortunately, lost the only bird I shot at, gotta be better at spotting where they land.

Dryfly36

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hunted SE ND on Saturday. Only saw 1 bird in 3 long walks. He got out ahead of us. I have been hunting this land for 15+ years. Worst I have seen it.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
We struggled Saturday , 5 guys 6 birds . Didn't see that many birds either . We were in SW ND
Hunted SE ND on Saturday. Only saw 1 bird in 3 long walks. He got out ahead of us. I have been hunting this land for 15+ years. Worst I have seen it.
Hunted Sunday SE corner. Saw 2 roosters and downed 1 in 4 hrs. Did manage 2 sharp tails as well.
Better years ahead. At least the weather was amazing on Sunday.

With the late winter storms this year, surprised at bird number we ran into on sunday, I missed the opener for the first time in like 20 years, danm garage door, I was on a mission to get it into place and I accomplished that all by myself, said sunday I'm going hunting. We made 2 youth hunters happy, they bagged 6 birds. Me? unfortunately, lost the only bird I shot at, gotta be better at spotting where they land.
More than worth it to get kids on birds like that. Nice work.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This was the first opener I've missed since '83, medical reasons... But when mowing weeds in the CRP in August I did see nice broods. The beans are about done in SE ND and farmers will start corn soon so then people will know whats out there. After it snows is the best hunting.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Worst year in a long time! Was in Mercer/Turtle Lake area. Me and my buddy failed to shoot at a Rooster saturday. Saw a few grouse and covey of huns.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unless I get invited, after deer season I'm going turn coat and hunting MN for grouse for the rest of the year. They're way more fun, taste better, and I enjoy the woodsy scenery far, far better than eating cattail fuzz and getting poked in the face by reeds in SE ND.

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had a group of 4. 8 on Saturday and 6 Sunday which I thought was pretty good considering one guy in our group is 84 so we keep the walks short. Much better that the 1 on opening day last year. Every rooster we shot was young. Seems like the spring storm was tough on the birds, but the birds that survived had a nice hatch.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went out on Saturday. Bent a tie rod, cracked the oil pan, broke a head light, and snapped off the turn signal. Road hunting for pheasants just isn't what it used to be. Too many fences.
Perfect description of a hunting truck! (y)

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
went out early sunday morning in turtle lake area to hopefully be able to bag a few- every piece of public that i have hunted in the past had a truck parked on it already- hunted some new stuff and didnt see squat. the pup enjoyed getting out so thats a plus.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spent Saturday around New Salem and was impressed with the number of birds compared to last year. Traveled to Turtle Lake on Sunday and saw the struggle bus that my father in law and his group was on. Either too many crops or very low bird numbers. Nabbed a hun so my son could see me do man things.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My 870 sets by the kitchen window, full choke and loaded with 3" duces just in case a young rooster pokes his head out of the cornfield back of the house. Has been known to happen a time or two. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 154
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 53