wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
got out to my hunting house in western nd, new tenants across the street big pit bull and face tats and dog in middle of street barking at me. I've been told it is friendly but don't need one of my dogs attacked so now have a solid steel bar and ax by the front door.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member

8-Year-Old California Boy Recovering After Vicious Attack by Black Lab at His Daycare​

Labrador retrievers aren't commonly associated with bite incidents but "any dog has the capacity to be aggressive" in a stressful situation, veterinarian Dr. Katja Lang tells Inside Edition. The boy suffered serious bite wounds and is now recovering.​

Maybe we should get rid of all dogs??😱 Never ever trust any dog. My belief is its more the dog owners fault then the dogs.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

8-Year-Old California Boy Recovering After Vicious Attack by Black Lab at His Daycare​

Labrador retrievers aren't commonly associated with bite incidents but "any dog has the capacity to be aggressive" in a stressful situation, veterinarian Dr. Katja Lang tells Inside Edition. The boy suffered serious bite wounds and is now recovering.​

Maybe we should get rid of all dogs??😱 Never ever trust any dog. My belief is its more the dog owners fault then the dogs.
For sure owners should be held responsible for the actions of their dogs, BUT often the owners dont cause the dogs to be aggressive... a dog breed that is known to kill people regularly and has no significant use/benefit to society doesnt belong in society imo.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
For sure owners should be held responsible for the actions of their dogs, BUT often the owners dont cause the dogs to be aggressive... a dog breed that is known to kill people regularly and has no significant use/benefit to society doesnt belong in society imo.
How many people per year are killed by pit bulls? I would assume that regularly with a population of 329 million people at least a few thousand people per year are killed? I would bet there are a bunch of hog hunters that would disagree about how use full they are.

Its amusing how people dont want the govt to regulate some things but then other things kicking and screaming they need to regulate it.

They may not cause them to be aggressive but owning a breed like that comes with a responsibility that most owners cant handle. But where is the line drawn i know a bunch of people that should never own a gun or drive a car but they do that.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many people per year are killed by pit bulls? I would assume that regularly with a population of 329 million people at least a few thousand people per year are killed? I would bet there are a bunch of hog hunters that would disagree about how use full they are.

Its amusing how people dont want the govt to regulate some things but then other things kicking and screaming they need to regulate it.

They may not cause them to be aggressive but owning a breed like that comes with a responsibility that most owners cant handle. But where is the line drawn i know a bunch of people that should never own a gun or drive a car but they do that.
From 2005 to 2020, pit bulls killed 380 Americans, a rate over 7 times higher than the next closest breed, rottweilers, with 51 deaths.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
From 2005 to 2020, pit bulls killed 380 Americans, a rate over 7 times higher than the next closest breed, rottweilers, with 51 deaths.
So 25 people out of 329 million people get killed. 161 people die a year falling off ladders do we ban those for their safety? 29 people die every day from others being drunk and driving should we ban booze? 390 people die drowning in unattended pools every year with most being 1-4 year old kids should we ban pools?

Its not that i give a shit one way or another i will never own any of the bully breeds i will never own anything other than a lab but why do we want the govt to step in and have more regulations. Spend more of the tax money on enforcing something that you have a .000000001% chance from getting injured or die from.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Meanest dog I ever met was a tiny little Chihuahua. I still have nightmares.....

If it were up to that little ankle biter he would have killed every human that walked by!!

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't want anything banned. I would, however, like to be protected by law (and most importantly the public eye) if an aggressive and unleashed dog comes onto my property or passes me on the street or trail and I decide to mitigate the problem. I would also like the right to be able to pick up dog shit on trails or public places and shove it in someone's mouth before my kids play or step in it when I see someone let their dog crap everywhere without picking it up. I've never seen a leash law or problem enforced. Animal control told me that if I caught my neighbor's pit bull in my yard to call him and they'll take it to the pound and give the owner a warning when it's picked up. What the shit. Make it the well known norm that this shit is unacceptable with severe punishment. Financial or otherwise. Maybe dogs like that should get a death sentence immediately after being impounded. Then the outrage would finally be transferred to holding shitty owners credible instead of being mad at people that are sick of problem animals and have to resort to taking the problem into their owns hands. I could have a lab or pitbull or whatever in my front yard chasing my kids and growling and if I shot it, the news and most the neighborhood would be here within the hour and my face would be plastered all around as the bad guy. when people can no longer police themselves from making their problem a public problem is when the public starts calling for government involvement. It seems that several have got to that point and I don't blame them.

I used to work at an office where the fat front desk lady had one of them shaggy white lap dogs. Complete asshole of an animal. Would bark relentlessly at anyone and everyone including employees and the delivery folks that came everyday. They finally got one of them electric ultrasonic deals that would activate when it barked. That lasted one day and the owners felt so bad for it that the next day it was back to the uncontrolled barking. It was incredibly embarrassing having clients come over for meetings to the point I stopped having in-person client meetings. The owners were pretty defensive when I gave them the reason, but they couldn't get it through their thick skulls that not everyone loved their little rat the way they did.

I don't want to restrict anyone from having dogs; just keep them your problem and not mine! I'm well aware that most dog owners in the hunting sphere are not the problem here. Half the problem is people acting like dogs are humans. Calling them kids and brothers and shit. Man that's weird to me. They're animals.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't want anything banned. I would, however, like to be protected by law (and most importantly the public eye) if an aggressive and unleashed dog comes onto my property or passes me on the street or trail and I decide to mitigate the problem. I would also like the right to be able to pick up dog shit on trails or public places and shove it in someone's mouth before my kids play or step in it when I see someone let their dog crap everywhere without picking it up. I've never seen a leash law or problem enforced. Animal control told me that if I caught my neighbor's pit bull in my yard to call him and they'll take it to the pound and give the owner a warning when it's picked up. What the shit. Make it the well known norm that this shit is unacceptable with severe punishment. Financial or otherwise. Maybe dogs like that should get a death sentence immediately after being impounded. Then the outrage would finally be transferred to holding shitty owners credible instead of being mad at people that are sick of problem animals and have to resort to taking the problem into their owns hands. I could have a lab or pitbull or whatever in my front yard chasing my kids and growling and if I shot it, the news and most the neighborhood would be here within the hour and my face would be plastered all around as the bad guy. when people can no longer police themselves from making their problem a public problem is when the public starts calling for government involvement. It seems that several have got to that point and I don't blame them.

I used to work at an office where the fat front desk lady had one of them shaggy white lap dogs. Complete asshole of an animal. Would bark relentlessly at anyone and everyone including employees and the delivery folks that came everyday. They finally got one of them electric ultrasonic deals that would activate when it barked. That lasted one day and the owners felt so bad for it that the next day it was back to the uncontrolled barking. It was incredibly embarrassing having clients come over for meetings to the point I stopped having in-person client meetings. The owners were pretty defensive when I gave them the reason, but they couldn't get it through their thick skulls that not everyone loved their little rat the way they did.

I don't want to restrict anyone from having dogs; just keep them your problem and not mine! I'm well aware that most dog owners in the hunting sphere are not the problem here. Half the problem is people acting like dogs are humans. Calling them kids and brothers and shit. Man that's weird to me. They're animals.
That i can get on board with. Heavy financial hits and enforcing them needs to happen. With out enforcement they could be banned and it still would not matter. I have no time for a dog that is not well behaved and quiet. I will say i would rather be around my dog and the others that i train with than alot people.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The thumb probe is next level. I have only seen the index finger technique. That guy must be an advanced trainer in fight breaking up.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you were stuck resorting to this technique, would you spit lube your digit or shove it in dry?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75