Polarbird Houses

RRmaniac

Established Member
Anyone got one? Any good? Insulated floor appears to be nice if you only use one rod.

veryslippery

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a 4t its a nice addition to the fishing arsenal. The floor as 4 holes, you could easy add more if you wanted. I only use the floor when extremely cold out. You can heat it with a match with floor installed. Quality is great, windows are pretty much worthless as they are small and located too high if you want to look outside at tip ups, however it is one less thing to break or let cold air in as well. There is a port for running your propane line through the house which is nice. The bag is nice it basically wraps around the house and you lash it shut so no zippers to deal with when its cold out. The light colored fabric is nice as you don't need light until it is really dark out.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I was looking at these a year ago. Seem like really good quality, and I liked the light color. I have yet to buy a hub, but it's on my list if i do.

RRmaniac

Established Member
veryslippery, is the floor very slippery since its pvc?

veryslippery

Founding Member
Founding Member
The floor does get a little bit slick from melting snow, fish ect... but on a cold day when your not going to be real mobile it is a nice option to have.

LiebelsGuide

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been using the foam puzzle mats for a floor in my pop-up and it's great! Last weekend when I had my 3 year old son out he walked on the floor barefoot while his boots and socks dried. Customize to fit your house.

images.jpg

RRmaniac

Established Member
Anyone ever design some sort of floor/sleigh that you can be mobile and move with the house without collapsing it?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 87
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31