POLITICAL tire talk

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fierce with the affliction shirt, pouty with decal, pensive in combo.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
ge_grabber_at2_ci2_l.jpg

More tread than bfs and comes with a 60,000 mile factory warranty and can be studded

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_20150817_200849631.jpg

Well picked up new ones for my truck this year. This is a pure fishing/hunting rig so wanted ones with decent tread for not to high of a price so went the Walmart route with Goodyear Wrangler Authorities. Have a couple friends that swear by them a couple years in so thought I would give them a try. I only have a couple months on them but can say they have ate everything I have put in front of them as far as prairie trails on steep hills and a little mud but not to much on that particular front.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Goodyear Wrangler Authorities.

Unless something has changed in the last few weeks, there is no Authority available for 18" rims.

I have all of 200Mi on my ATKO2's on my F-250, 34x10.5R17. I run 2 sets of rims/tires. Factory highway slicks for pulling the boat (and not throwing rocks) in the summer, and something much more aggressive and puncture resistant for hunting/ice-fishing seasons. I had 235/80R17 ATKO's on my previous F250 and was very happy with them, pard ran them for a good long while after I bought my '11 and wanted something that matched the factory size better.

My 2nd set of rims are the factory 17's off of my '06. Had I gone 18" for my winter tires this time, I'd have had to seriously consider the Toyo M-55.

Last edited:

Mocha

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am in need of new tires on my F250, it has the stock tires on still, and after 2 winters on them I cant take another year of highway tires getting me stuck in 2 inches of snow.

I have it narrowed down to BF Goodrich all terrain T/A, or Good year Fierce Attitude.

I know some of you have the answers I am looking for, these are 18 inch tires.

Thanks for any and all help

johnr

I put on my 2500HD Chevy Cooper AT3's two years ago and they have performed great! I use my truck for fishing, hunting and plowing snow and they have worked out very well.
Also they are made in the USA!

They also have a $70 rebate coupon going right now.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put on my 2500HD Chevy Cooper AT3's two years ago and they have performed great! I use my truck for fishing, hunting and plowing snow and they have worked out very well.

I concur what you said but are Crappy in any hard pack snow, the tires are awesome for the money and if rotated right can easily get 50,000. I am like SDMF, I to have to sets cooper at3 and grabber at2. The grabbers eat snow on my dakota with limited slip front and rear with the good old 318, she will go through anything except a pressure ridge.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some of the best tires I have ever owned were the Goodyear Wrangler AT/S in 18inch…went through two sets on two different suburban’s and got over 60K on each set…great all around tire…problem is they don’t make them in 275/55R20..they do make an All terrain with Kevlar that’s close to the same tread pattern but for the price they want to buttrape you for Kevlar tires I went with the BF ATKO2…

Mocha

Founding Member
Founding Member
I concur what you said but are Crappy in any hard pack snow, the tires are awesome for the money and if rotated right can easily get 50,000. I am like SDMF, I to have to sets cooper at3 and grabber at2. The grabbers eat snow on my dakota with limited slip front and rear with the good old 318, she will go through anything except a pressure ridge.

I have not experienced bad performance on hard pack snow. Like I said I plow snow with them and I also I fish quite a bit with them. Maybe since mine are 10ply that makes a difference?

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't overlook Hankook Dynapro AT's. Myself and everyone I know running these have been very happy.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i ran the atkos for a long time. got darn good mileage out of the first 2 sets (60K). the 3rd i left over inflated and fudged them up. i decided to try something different this time and went with some aggressive kevlar ones. can't remember them right now. but, i like em so far.

they were about $30-40 more each. but, for $160, i figured i would give them a try. i expect them to where a bit better on the gravel and highway. but, not grab the ice as well. so, jury is still out. they are a year old now i believe.

Last edited:

4Buck

Founding Member
Founding Member

These are hard to beat for the money.

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
juanr, go back to the first page and read what makes sense #bfgisthewaytogo

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have 2 pickups and 1 bronco..
93 Ford has the GoodYear Wrangler Authorities
04 has Hercules Terra Tracs
84 bronco has General Grabber AT2

All are doing well....the 04 has the most miles, that is my daily driver...the other I use as work dogs or hunting rigs, with the exception of the 04, my deer hunting grounds in 4 hrs away, so I use that truck when deer hunting, but for local hunting I use the other two.

rhino2003

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been looking at the TreadWright tires too. The price is right.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 41
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 14