Pork Loin Traeger What do use

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the old days, you cooked pork to 160* to kill triconosis...old-time beliefs still out there.
Althou still sometines found in wild/feral hogs and bear meat, pork from today's producers don't have that problem, and now you can enjoy sweet-tender pork that's slightly pink in the middle, but still juicy!
Feral hogs I would hang with the 160° also.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm still a "cook pork until done" kind of guy. Trichonosis was beaten into my head in elementary school, so the only pink in my pork is a smoke ring.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
where can i get ivermectin? asking for a friend.
My veterinarian supplies it for my pup,i use it as heart worm med rather than heart worm pills and add a couple drops to my meal every couple months just incase i pickup internal parasites, no side effects ,its just incase i pick something up and unaware like pin worms from my critters around the house.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My veterinarian supplies it for my pup,i use it as heart worm med rather than heart worm pills and add a couple drops to my meal every couple months just incase i pickup internal parasites, no side effects ,its just incase i pick something up and unaware like pin worms from my critters around the house.
Something to be aware of is that ivermectin is becoming ineffective. There have been a substantial amount of heart worm cases showing up in dogs on heart guard and products where ivermectin is the active ingredient. Simparica trio and interceptor are better options

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sunday was our 40th wedding anniversary and the wife wanted a steak for supper. She thought I was nuts when I turned into Bone’s BBQ.
She had the 14oz smoked pork steak
IMG_8197.jpeg

And I had the 8 bone rack of ribs
IMG_8195.jpeg

Was delicious

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the old days, you cooked pork to 160* to kill triconosis...old-time beliefs still out there.
Althou still sometines found in wild/feral hogs and bear meat, pork from today's producers don't have that problem, and now you can enjoy sweet-tender pork that's slightly pink in the middle, but still juicy!
I ain't eating no damn pig or bird which is pink in the damn middle.

That is all.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sunday was our 40th wedding anniversary and the wife wanted a steak for supper. She thought I was nuts when I turned into Bone’s BBQ.
She had the 14oz smoked pork steak
IMG_8197.jpeg

And I had the 8 bone rack of ribs
IMG_8195.jpeg

Was delicious
You make her chips and go with waffle fries for yourself? What's the battered/fried veg? I'd "settle" for either platter.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 186
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 55