Posted Land

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get kind of sick of hearing that crap. I pay taxes on the land i own, i pay on a hell of a loan that i had to take to purchase that land. I'm also willing to bet most people that are bitching live in a nicer house, drive nicer vehicles and have nicer campers or boats or whatever than I do. When you are ready to sacrifice all of that to buy your own land then come talk about people who post theirs. Land goes for sale all the time, its not cheap but decide where you want to sacrifice. Lease some hunting rights, money talks whether in land loans or leases. If i pay for my land and have sacrificed nice things for me and my family why should i still not get to enjoy unposted land or public land while still protecting the resource that i pay for.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a large amount of land in ND that is posted by people that don't even live in the state. It is very very hard to get a hold of people because of the fricken telemarketers, nobody wants to answer there phone if unknown number.
Last year I spent a lot of time (2 days ) getting a hold of a landowner (California) to access her land to do some shore fishing on a NDGF stocked pond. Only other access around the lake is PLOTS. Can't drive on plots land so you have to walk thru all of that just to get to shore and then your limited to just the plots land side to legally fish without permission.
I do need to talk to a warden how can access for ice fishing .

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a large amount of land in ND that is posted by people that don't even live in the state. It is very very hard to get a hold of people because of the fricken telemarketers, nobody wants to answer there phone if unknown number.
Last year I spent a lot of time (2 days ) getting a hold of a landowner (California) to access her land to do some shore fishing on a NDGF stocked pond. Only other access around the lake is PLOTS. Can't drive on plots land so you have to walk thru all of that just to get to shore and then your limited to just the plots land side to legally fish without permission.
I do need to talk to a warden how can access for ice fishing .
I thought you can drive on plots with permission from landowner or am I wrong on that?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get kind of sick of hearing that crap. I pay taxes on the land i own, i pay on a hell of a loan that i had to take to purchase that land. I'm also willing to bet most people that are bitching live in a nicer house, drive nicer vehicles and have nicer campers or boats or whatever than I do. When you are ready to sacrifice all of that to buy your own land then come talk about people who post theirs. Land goes for sale all the time, its not cheap but decide where you want to sacrifice. Lease some hunting rights, money talks whether in land loans or leases. If i pay for my land and have sacrificed nice things for me and my family why should i still not get to enjoy unposted land or public land while still protecting the resource that i pay for.
If you are running through all the public / unposted land in the morning just to keep your posted land for the afternoon hunt shows what your moral character is all about.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are running through all the public / unposted land in the morning just to keep your posted land for the afternoon hunt shows what your moral character is all about.
is unposted land and public land not open to all of us. Why can't i save posted land that is mine or land i have permission on until later. I really don't think thats a question of morals as much as it is about you just feeling it's unfair that someone has something that you don't and you don't think that they are entitled to the same public or open land that you are.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can with permission, there again, trying to get a hold of someone is a different story.
That is true, as land gets split up to kids and family that isn't from the area anymore or people from out of state or from the area buying up land finding the owner is getting more difficult. I've noticed it's not any better in other states where corporations or llc's and stuff own the land.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
is unposted land and public land not open to all of us. Why can't i save posted land that is mine or land i have permission on until later. I really don't think thats a question of morals as much as it is about you just feeling it's unfair that someone has something that you don't and you don't think that they are entitled to the same public or open land that you are.
It shows your greed. " I am going to shoot all the grouse/pheasant/deer on others land and keep the ones on my land to myself. "

" protecting the resource that i pay for" are you saying all the wild game on " your land " belongs to you?

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
It shows your greed. " I am going to shoot all the grouse/pheasant/deer on others land and keep the ones on my land to myself. "

" protecting the resource that i pay for" are you saying all the wild game on " your land " belongs to you?
I would like to know how that shows anymore greed than you saying i shouldn't be able to hunt public land. Do you think that because i own land i magically walk out there and shoot limits of birds every day of season and my friends and family that i hunt with do the same. Maybe while i hunt other land i don't hunt mine so my family with kids have places to go that is more enjoyable for the kids. You are F'n delusional man. I own land i don't own a gift from the hunting gods. You are stretching to say that i said the wild game is mine on my land but the land sure as hell is mine and who hunts on that land i can control and the wildlife on that land are a resource. So ya i pay for that resource by paying for the land, its just a resource that is free to come and go as it pleases. As soon as that wildlife steps foot across the boundary they are free game to whoever is hunting next to me.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to know how many people i have to let hunt my land or how many animals i shoot on my land before i can "qualify" to hunt other land. Is how many acres i own a factor, maybe the land type should be figured into that. What about any improvements ive done for conservation on that land. Can someone maybe set up the formula so i know for the future. Maybe Acres x Quality (1-10) / how many people i grant permission - harvested game = how much time on PUBLIC land i can spend.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to know how many people i have to let hunt my land or how many animals i shoot on my land before i can "qualify" to hunt other land. Is how many acres i own a factor, maybe the land type should be figured into that. What about any improvements ive done for conservation on that land. Can someone maybe set up the formula so i know for the future. Maybe Acres x Quality (1-10) / how many people i grant permission - harvested game = how much time on PUBLIC land i can spend.
Doing a little quick math i would say if you take- screw them X you bought the land = hunt as much as you want on public land.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure was a beautiful day yesterday and perfect evening for a little bird hunting. Took a break from working on spots for hub blinds this coming rifle season, stopped by the house grabbed my 12yr old daughter and the dogs and walked out the front door shotguns in hand, across the trees to the pasture and made a little walk for roosters behind barnyard and back to the house. Of course my luck continues of no birds, they come through there just have to catch them at the right time.
...duel......popcorn...

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well said. I have no problem with people posting their land. And hunting on public property.

And I am not a hunting land owner either.

Like others, I miss days like say back in the 90's where "in excess of 90%" of the state was not posted.
Those sure were the good old days. And the number of hunters was appreciably less than now. LOL

Carry on.

or

Fish on!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
My last dog died a few years ago --so i am out of the pheasant hunt cept once in a while. The electronic posting I havent looked at the app. Private land for pheasants --- most of that stuff by mott is paid imo. Yet you would be surprised what one would find. We had a spot right next to cannon ball llc or whatever they are. They would push birds into this little piece that so loaded with birds you couldnt bring a dog into it. You either had your 3 or your were a zero as the whole field lifted at one time. We would only hunt it once maybe twice a season.

IDK some of that public stuff is just as good as they farm everything up to no cover left. I agree with the neighbors hunt it - ran into that several times with permssion. The landowner is an inhertance and has no idea whats going on.

My first shorthair was a 100% pill --- landowner got pissed off at us over by tschida. He was guiding some sotas and we were on govt side of this big draw. My shorthair would cap an end of a draw and push em down to us. Just happens the that end of each draw was posted. Owner said who evers shorthair that is is gonna get lead she steps back on my property. Sure as shit he fired at her -- just shook my head. She quicken her pace hit his land hard and really let the karen have it --- i seen birds flying for miles then she comes back under the fence. She had a big smile on i never heard a shot from them boys the rest of the walk.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well said. I have no problem with people posting their land. And hunting on public property.

And I am not a hunting land owner either.

Like others, I miss days like say back in the 90's where "in excess of 90%" of the state was not posted.
Those sure were the good old days. And the number of hunters was appreciably less than now. LOL

Carry on.

or

Fish on!
???? The amount of deer permits decrease alone The nation as a whole is losing hunters contrary to what the game and fish state we are too. I know my group got cut up with the decrease in tags.; i am probably the only one left deer hunten.

I dont ever remember 90% open. When i first started hunting i never knew of a unposted land. cept for the public property. The 70s were so tight they farmed everything. Reagan started CRP 1985, 90s and 00s hunters reaped the benefit of CRP and now were going back to the 70s inflation and all.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guess I can't go hunt elk in national forests because I own one quarter... :rolleyes:
Obi, go spend hundreds of thousands on land, and then tens of thousands more and hundreds of hours of labor on habitat improvement that benefits the whole area, then tell us how "greedy" we are.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
???? The amount of deer permits decrease alone The nation as a whole is losing hunters contrary to what the game and fish state we are too. I know my group got cut up with the decrease in tags.; i am probably the only one left deer hunten.

I dont ever remember 90% open. When i first started hunting i never knew of a unposted land. cept for the public property. The 70s were so tight they farmed everything. Reagan started CRP 1985, 90s and 00s hunters reaped the benefit of CRP and now were going back to the 70s inflation and all.
Hunting in the Upham area. In the 90's the "only" area that was posted was a couple of plots right next to Clark Sayler. Driving through that same are now and you probably would be hard pressed to find any land which is not posted. Just about all of our earlier honey holes are now posted. Not saying you can't get permission.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Yep it is sad how there are less and less hunters each year. Lots of reasons.
Sure do miss the good old days. Didn't realize or appreciate what we all had back then. And yep there still are opportunities today. Just so much different from what it used to be.

To me the downslide started when they came out with Gazetteers. And then with the internet . . . . and social media and the like.

I remember back in the day buying county plat books to find out who owned lands. LOL

Plat books? What in the world are they?

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see the side of calling it greed. But…I can’t hunt pheasants, mallards, geese, sharpies, mule deer, pronghorn in my 2 separate pieces of central ND woods. I do hunt public and private. I don’t e-post but my signs say ask before you enter so maybe I’m only half a dick.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 466
  • This month: 205
  • This month: 166
  • This month: 151
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74