Pronghorn Drawing held

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't see that this was a resurrected old forum at first and checked myself and my daughters. It's a Monday, Good Luck to all

Tinesdown

Established Member
Yeah the admirable speed goat many want the tag but so few draw. In the pocket a goat tag is like gold so coveted. What im wondering is do other hunters have places to hunt. So have heard in the past that landowners in the prairie will actually let a person kill a goat because and ony because goats can be a problem with fences or other reasons. Wondering if landowners still care about goats or some let free acess to land as, so deer no hunting here.

Tinesdown

Established Member
I gained private access last time I drew in ND by knocking on doors. I would hesitate to have a Harris-Walz bumper sticker on your truck though...odds would diminish drastically!
Yeah the bad grounds units are what i was wondering. Hunted 1a 9 pts in 2018 saw some killer goats they are pushed onto private very quick imo. So some of the ranches dont care if a goat or a dozen is killed but some are very quick to say no with there 14 sections.

Tinesdown

Established Member
The antelope is a very hard animal to kill (1 they get grouped up very tough to kill. So those depending on weather. They group into 75 to 100 in a group very hard if not impossible to kill. So early season as soon as it open will be your friend. Once they are gun shy good luck. Land access is a huge issue even in national grasslands units the animals are not on the public they stay out in the big clover fields.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The antelope is a very hard animal to kill (1 they get grouped up very tough to kill. So those depending on weather. They group into 75 to 100 in a group very hard if not impossible to kill. So early season as soon as it open will be your friend. Once they are gun shy good luck. Land access is a huge issue even in national grasslands units the animals are not on the public they stay out in the big clover fields.
You and svnmag must have the same dealer.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where in North Dakota have you seen 75-100 antelope in one group?

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speed goats have ran back up my list of want to experience hunting and like so many other species in ND being so difficult to get the opportunity or the increased difficulty of land access I am starting to look out of state more and more. I know a guy that last fall went to AZ for an antelope hunt through an outfitter and was surprised that the price wasn't that horrible. I know another guy that regularly goes to WY archery hunting antelope DIY Public Land and does pretty well or at least has good trips, he has said that the unit he goes to doesn't really have that great of trophies but the tag is easy to get and he his meat hunting.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where in North Dakota have you seen 75-100 antelope in one group?
I guess I never have and I’ve hunted them alot . I’ve also never had any trouble killing one . Some people just make things harder than they need to be lol 😂

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
7 points unsuccessful. Know of quite a few 6-10 point people unsuccessful as well. I’m guessing the Internet will have a plethora of women and 16-23 year olds with harvested animals again this year.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing for me or my daughter, I only got a couple points and no he has one. The way things are looking I'm fine with the busy schedule I am foreseeing

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 25