Property taxes

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right on, that's what it should be used for then. Not sent out in checks to every resident across the board. I wish Alaska followed that model and used our oil fund to pay for schools and eliminate property and other taxes.

The Legacy fund is primarily money taken from a select group of North Dakotans. That has never been a good way to fund anything. Funding sources (taxes) need to be derived from a majority of the population, not a select few. Once you make them poor, they will eventually get to your segment of the population. And you will find yourself with just as many friends as those who currently contribute the majority of the money to the Legacy fund.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
They can raise mills all they want, your property taxes are locked in and couldnt be raised as long as you own your home. Once you sell, new owner would be taxed and whatever the current tax rate is and be locked into that amount until they would sell. It would at least prevent property tax increases for people who own property, but you would still have property taxes in place.
This is what they do in CA and it does work believe it or not
That may very well lead to a slow down in the housing market. We don’t need to do something like this because we have massive money hoarded away. Ten years ago when the legislature was battling against elimination they should have froze property taxes until a permanent solution could take place. The clowns couldn’t even do that. This was one major factor in the term limits coming to the ballot and passing.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Legacy fund is primarily money taken from a select group of North Dakotans. That has never been a good way to fund anything. Funding sources (taxes) need to be derived from a majority of the population, not a select few. Once you make them poor, they will eventually get to your segment of the population. And you will find yourself with just as many friends as those who currently contribute the majority of the money to the Legacy fund.
Then why did we vote to pass it allen? It’s there now and it was meant for all to benefit from. There’s not a better way to use it.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have you ever given the thought to how much the government makes on every dollar in circulation, its mind blowing. The income tax every time it changes hands, the sales tax every time its spent in a store. The only time its not making money for them is when its in a bag under my bed. LB

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Then why did we vote to pass it allen? It’s there now and it was meant for all to benefit from. There’s not a better way to use it.
Because it was generally endorsed by the people that pay into it for the reasons it was originally setup, the future of this state and all of our kids who choose to stick around. The people that pay into it NEVER intended for you to get a fucking dime, that would change their support in a major way.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Because it was generally endorsed by the people that pay into it for the reasons it was originally setup, the future of this state and all of our kids who choose to stick around. The people that pay into it NEVER intended for you to get a fucking dime, that would change their support in a major way.
Tough shit

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
My bride and I can make it till the end with what we have and that's all we ever dreamed for. The direction things are going our grandkids will need it more than we ever have in our entire life.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember not so long ago we had a vote for abolishing property taxes but the geniuses of ND voted against it. Many were on this site saying we can’t vote down property taxes. And then the very geniuses on this site basically begged the G & F for higher licensing fees and begged to pay more for tags. You can’t make this sh#t up. Now we are on bitching about it. Face palm

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember not so long ago we had a vote for abolishing property taxes but the geniuses of ND voted against it. Many were on this site saying we can’t vote down property taxes. And then the very geniuses on this site basically begged the G & F for higher licensing fees and begged to pay more for tags. You can’t make this sh#t up. Now we are on bitching about it. Face palm

Oh. it's pretty much the same squeaky wheels on this year's thread as it has been on the annual bitchfest about property taxes every year. Like on many other topics, I don't think many positions have changed over the years.

https://www.thestreet.com/personal-...-2022#gid=ci029e86deb00026f4&pid=5-ndakota-sh

One can point to the relatively low position ND sits in with regards to overall taxes, but some just wanna seem to hear themselves squeak. Or stick their hand in their neighbor's pocket.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh. it's pretty much the same squeaky wheels on this year's thread as it has been on the annual bitchfest about property taxes every year. Like on many other topics, I don't think many positions have changed over the years.

https://www.thestreet.com/personal-...-2022#gid=ci029e86deb00026f4&pid=5-ndakota-sh

One can point to the relatively low position ND sits in with regards to overall taxes, but some just wanna seem to hear themselves squeak. Or stick their hand in their neighbor's pocket.
Your full of shit. We rank 29th at .98%. With the finances of this state we should be #1. Your statement is totally asshattery

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sales taxes on used cars. Taxing something over and over. So wrong
That is one thing down here in AZ, if you buy a used vehicle from a private party there is no sales tax on it. Buy a used vehicle from a dealer and you pay sales tax again.
They also have lifetime licenses for certain trailers.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your full of shit. We rank 29th at .98%. With the finances of this state we should be #1. Your statement is totally asshattery

I link a post that puts us in the 38th most expensive for tax burden, you claim it should be #1 even though you list us at 29th. Both of which are in the bottom half, and you claim my statement is asshatery?!?!?

You really can't be this fucking stupid, can you?

p.s. Learn the difference between your and you're, you wannabe thief.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Going to be a long winter with all this bickering

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
grammarPolice.jpg

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I link a post that puts us in the 38th most expensive for tax burden, you claim it should be #1 even though you list us at 29th. Both of which are in the bottom half, and you claim my statement is asshatery?!?!?
https://w
ww.taxadmin.org/2020-state-tax-revenue

Our population is low--- so per person ----- add the extraction tax ---- come on Allen get your head out of the bag. You guys that get a return on investment of taxes i dont think should join a tax bitch session. You have a conflict of interest.

https://www.taxadmin.org/2020-state-tax-revenue

A republican is a democrat they all know how to spend spend spend spend spend spend spend Doug did us no good.
We get that little income tax break for what a couple years.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member

Hawaii is number one and has the lowest rate if you can believe that. lol ok

here’s a different list Allen. See how the game is played. We should be the lowest in the nation with the money this state hoarders away https://www.rocketmortgage.com/learn/property-taxes-by-state

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our population is low--- so per person ----- add the extraction tax ---- come on Allen get your head out of the bag. You guys that get a return on investment of taxes i dont think should join a tax bitch session. You have a conflict of interest.

A republican is a democrat they all know how to spend spend spend spend spend spend spend Doug did us no good.
We get that little income tax break for what a couple years.
Some are totally drunk on the money

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11