Real Coffee?

What is your preference ???

• Total voters

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I go to two different coffee groups. Old guys of course so we are cheap. It is kind of shocking to us to see so many that buy the $5 dollar or more coffees every day. I guess we are out of touch.
What's your thoughts?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gevalia Traditional (Mild Roast) whole beans.

Ground the night before and brewed in a drip coffeemaker set with a timer.

Probably get a week's worth of morning coffee out of each $7 12 oz bag.

So $1/day for two people (we drink our fill from a 10 cup thermal pot).

Used to buy direct from Gevalia - but they went to Amazon so that's where we have to buy it now.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Folgers original, black silk, and 1850 are all good. Black rifle is good.

Dunn Bros if it’s from a shop.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were in Portland Oregon back in the good old days before the city turned to shit and had our first real taste of Coffee from somewhere other than Walmart. Fell in love with a roaster called Umbria Coffee and we set up a subscription order from them, pair that with the Espresso machine that my wife purchased for herself, but I use more than her, and I kick start my mornings with a good Iced Americano.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
95% of the time i prefer iced coffee. but, i recently got turned on to cold brewed. if you are into iced coffee, cold brew is a game changer. much less bitter, smooth and less acidic. i think it can be heated too. but, never gone that route yet. seems counterintuitive. and yes... made at home.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Foldgers Frech vanilla on the weekends for me.

Last cup of the morning gets a shot of this added.

1726071309809.png
...rockon...

I bet you guys that drink iced coffee, also drink White Claws. ...duel... ...boozer...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mcdonalds kcup :)

i have had it all over the years. So much that it doesnt matter any more, traveled and picked up beans from several places - they were probably the best. Starbucks to expensive - treat only a couple times a year (your talkin more than just plain coffee). How many coffee machines did one have over the years: Cowboy it, perk it, bunn, big all in ones including the grinder, kuerig, and many in between.
I no longer drink coffee if the daytime temp is above 70. I drink one can of diet dew a day, water the rest except for the binge drinking 30pack on some weekends. I am getting boring.

jdfisherman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Always shocked by the lines all day long at starbucks and the number of people who buy it every day. Literally spending $300+ a month on COFFEE.
Always amazed at the number (mostly women) coming to the office every day carrying coffee from one of those places. Especially since we have coffee here for free.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I too also like cold coffee from my oxo coffee maker, Carmel/vanilla, Hershey chocolate and sugar to go with it. And a 6mg zyn to get the blood flowing

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 186
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 55