Tractors

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
anyone here put one of the quick detach adapters on any of the older tractors so they can use skidsteer attachments on them. I've been seriously considering doing one of the pin on adapters for my old 4320 for the ability to use pallet forks or snow buckets and things like that. Visibility on tractors can be crappy but i've been reading of people mounting cheap cameras that bluetooth to your phone on them.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
About a month ago rented a Bronson 30hp with a tiller from Rentall in Fargo (was supposed to get the Bobcat but before I got there to pick it up they realized it had a leaking head gasket), I was pretty happy overall with how everything worked and did a bunch of playing around besides tilling food plots. After running with the newfangled equipment I now really want one to replace my old skid steer but I do know that I want to be in the 45-55hp range probably and anything bigger I got a 4020 for. Screw putting fluid in the tire unless you want to rot out valves and rims, I have dealt with that enough. Problem is that I don't really like the prices these rigs bring normally. Lycan you got a pretty good deal by the sounds of it, congrats and enjoy as the right equipment makes tasks so much more enjoyable

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
About a month ago rented a Bronson 30hp with a tiller from Rentall in Fargo (was supposed to get the Bobcat but before I got there to pick it up they realized it had a leaking head gasket), I was pretty happy overall with how everything worked and did a bunch of playing around besides tilling food plots. After running with the newfangled equipment I now really want one to replace my old skid steer but I do know that I want to be in the 45-55hp range probably and anything bigger I got a 4020 for. Screw putting fluid in the tire unless you want to rot out valves and rims, I have dealt with that enough. Problem is that I don't really like the prices these rigs bring normally. Lycan you got a pretty good deal by the sounds of it, congrats and enjoy as the right equipment makes tasks so much more enjoyable
Theres a 2022 ct4058 bobcat tractor on facebook marketplace right now thats not a bad deal, 2022 model but still brand new, dealer is selling it for just under 30k. If you do a search youll find it, if you are in the market. I was debating that one also before I bought the smaller machine. Because of the time of the year, and its an older model im sure they would like to liquidate, Id offer them 27k maybe and let them ponder that for a while.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Theres a 2022 ct4058 bobcat tractor on facebook marketplace right now thats not a bad deal, 2022 model but still brand new, dealer is selling it for just under 30k. If you do a search youll find it, if you are in the market. I was debating that one also before I bought the smaller machine. Because of the time of the year, and its an older model im sure they would like to liquidate, Id offer them 27k maybe and let them ponder that for a while.
Haha I don't know if I could go a newer Bobcat beings I work for a Case dealer, although we do have a couple Bobcat dealers in our network I think and I'm on the Case Construction side. I will probably look and kick it around, I don't have to have it beings I got a JD 4020 with cab with heat, loader and a big snow blower so going into this time of year I'm more likely going to use the big tractor. Still doesn't hurt to look around, thanks

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i wonder if john deere ever regrets building machines that last 50-60 years and are worth more today than they were new.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
i wonder if john deere ever regrets building machines that last 50-60 years and are worth more today than they were new.
I still think its amazing how no matter what pretty much as long as the battery has a charge and reasonably fresh fuel the old tractors that are 70+ years old just fire up and go with minimal maintenance. They are so basic probably is why though. The 4320 i kept of the familys' is 50 years old and that thing fires right up and works like a champ and has been abused plenty with very little maintenance needed.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 221
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 55