Tractors

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've dug out a far number of rocks with a set of pallet forks! I think on a tractor, a ripper on the 3 point is likely to be a bit more stout though. The loaders aren't as heavy or tough as a skid-steer loader so you probably want to be a little careful of you use a set of forks on one to pop out rocks.
The only thing that i think would save the loader arms on the compact tractors would be you could center the forks and hopefully not side load. I do think the ripper would be the best for small tractors though. I always wanted to put a snow blade on the little bobcat tractor we had but read some bad things about twisting arms because the loader arms weren't strong enough if the snow blade caught anything off center.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The only thing that i think would save the loader arms on the compact tractors would be you could center the forks and hopefully not side load. I do think the ripper would be the best for small tractors though. I always wanted to put a snow blade on the little bobcat tractor we had but read some bad things about twisting arms because the loader arms weren't strong enough if the snow blade caught anything off center.

I actually run a 100" snow pusher on my bobcat 9TL loader. Consider however that my Bobcat CT445 is the largest frame size of the compact tractors. With fluid in the rear tires and the loader it's a 6000+ lb tractor.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a Polaris 6x6 that I use to push snow. It has a 7 ft blade on it. This is what happens when you hit the corner of the driveway at 15 mph. And you get thrown off the front of the machine. I changed the way I push snow now. It happened 3 times.
Screenshot_20240926-121934_Gallery.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 304
  • This month: 191
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 75