Residential Snowblowers

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm in the market for a new unit as well. I've pretty much narrowed it down to ariens or husqvarna. My biggest hangup, besides the overall cost of these bastards, is the extra couple hundred dollars for heated handles. I appreciate the feedback from those that have posted.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm in the market for a new unit as well. I've pretty much narrowed it down to ariens or husqvarna. My biggest hangup, besides the overall cost of these bastards, is the extra couple hundred dollars for heated handles. I appreciate the feedback from those that have posted.
In hindsight for what it is worth, when I bought our Ariens I did not go with any heated handles. To be frank, I do not know if that was an option. But I know my hands get cold so quickly when I am out snow blowing. I wish we had it on ours.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any electric models for those of us that care about global warming?
Maybe for light duty have few older folks bought them guess who they call when get heavy snow. Maybe they will make a more powerful one soon.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
GET
THE
HEATED
HANDLES
🥶

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am seriously entertaining buying a Kraken. My back ain't what it used to be.

You'd think dirty mike would move to Fargo so it would see regular adjustments... but nooooo.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ariens, handsdown. I have the Platinum 30 SHO and I absolutely love it. I do a lot of snow blowing for myself and my neighbors. I even will snow blow the alley way for the whole block most of the time because it takes too long for the city to do it. I've had zero issues. It will go through snow above the auger housing and not even slow down. The heated hand grips are amazing, I wouldn't own a blower without them.

Motohunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were in the market last year and ended up with the Ariens Deluxe 24. My wife said if I bought one small enough for her to use should would help out and she did. This for me was the advantage in going with the smaller one. This thing moves snow like crazy so I don't regret not going with a wider one. It's also very maneuverable so depending on the set up of your house it gets into about anywhere. I did use a friends Cub Cadet with the trigger steering and thought it was a pain in the ass compared to the Arins one we bought.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been using JD, both 44" on rider and 32" walk behind. High price but bullet proof. If was buying again, would go Ariens route. Quite impressed with the neighbors triple stage Cub Cadet. That thing throws snow a fricken mile.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldnt need the heated handles if it wasnt for the safety bullshit they have on them.

My old toro had a electronic saftey on the handle in which a rubber band took care of. Hands were free to collect nice warm blood. This new stuff is overengineered.

PS snowmobile - melted my brand new scheels overrated gandoli gloves, I was never so glad to figure out how to turn the hand heates off.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been using JD, both 44" on rider and 32" walk behind. High price but bullet proof. If was buying again, would go Ariens route. Quite impressed with the neighbors triple stage Cub Cadet. That thing throws snow a fricken mile.
I'd like to do the new JD route but they quit making walk-behinds over a decade ago. They now partner with ariens.

.deleted.

Founding Member
Founding Member
last fall I bought the ariens professional alpine edition 28'' efi rapidtrak. handwarmers are amazing and the machine is an absolute beast. It is a little bulky compared to residential models but when you set it in motion it goes without a problem. Owned an ariens 24'' residential model for 23 years prior to that.

jdfisherman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd like to do the new JD route but they quit making walk-behinds over a decade ago. They now partner with ariens.
The JD blowers were made by Briggs and Stratton. Have a 1028SE and needed a few parts last year. Got them from Deere but came in a B&S box. Awesome machine - has yet to find a pile of snow or a snowplow windrow it couldn't chew through.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
In hindsight for what it is worth, when I bought our Ariens I did not go with any heated handles. To be frank, I do not know if that was an option. But I know my hands get cold so quickly when I am out snow blowing. I wish we had it on ours.

Check out aftermarket universal handlebar heaters. The motorcycle ones might not be warm enough but the snowmobile ones should work.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bought a 26" two-stage troy bilt from Lowe's in 2016 that has been an awesome machine and taken lots of abuse chewing through huge drifts, compacted snow, ice chunks. No issues or maintenance other than routine oil change, fogging cylinder for storage, etc.

I would not buy a toro even if it was marked down 50%. Friend has one similar size to mine and it's a turd.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84