Riddle Me This.....

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Has to be heat then but you have 3 bulbs 3 switches so could you turn one on for an extended time to really heat it up then one for just a few minutes.. other one off? But the 2 lights on could be same temp maybe by the time you go in the room?
Turn one on. Leave it on.
Leave one off.
Turn third one on for a while then shut it off.
When you open the door, two bulbs will be off, but one will be hot. Then, you know which switch controls which light.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Turn one on. Leave it on.
Leave one off.
Turn third one on for a while then shut it off.
When you open the door, two bulbs will be off, but one will be hot. Then, you know which switch controls which light.
I'd say you got it. Turn two on, leave on for 5 minutes, turn one off. Go through the door and feel the two that are off, one will be warm. This leaves zero doubt. @Prairie Doggin' you're up! Dig deep, find one that'll stump us!

I'm waiting for the one no one gets for a full day or more! Remember, no cheatin'!

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
There may be a more liberal solution but I'm right according to the OP. Please don't force me into another protest.
Like a Palastinian protest? :ROFLMAO:

I must be misunderstanding your answer. There aren't two dormant switches, they all turn lights on. If you flip them all, they'll all be on and you won't know which switch operates which light.

Last edited:

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Damn it, I've been circling it but couldn't put my finger on it. Finally got it, December 31. "Yesterday" was technically correct, but not specific enough. Good one!
Correct. Today is January 1. The day before yesterday, I was 21. Yesterday I was 22. At the end of this year, I'll be 23. Next year, 24.

I'm out, and you're up.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is able to go up a chimney when down but unable to go down a chimney when up?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 50
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 17