SB 2315 - Ag Committee Recap

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nuclear2315.jpg

Tonight's meme for your FB page...keep the pressure on!

Email Your Senators & Representatives!

https://www.legis.nd.gov/contact-my-legislators

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://ndfb.org/image/cache/2018_Policy_Book_3.pdf

Go to page 20 and read on. Maybe Fritz can point out again the ones he proudly wrote.

This was taken from the link you provided. Directly from the farm bureau: "We believe all state school lands should be sold back in its entirety with no encumbrances to an active agricultural producer."

For those who aren't aware, Kevin Cramer has been supported by the farm bureau for years.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the farm bureau on record as being against publicly owned land?

Nope, they are for a no net gain of more land acquired by government and oppose orgs like Ducks Unlimited acquiring more.

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
Nope, they are for a no net gain of more land acquired by government and oppose orgs like Ducks Unlimited acquiring more.

Bullshit! Go read 707.02 in the FB policy book. Not only does it say all lands should be sold, they ONLY be sold to ag producers!

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I could give the Stockmen's Association their wanted no trespass and at the very same time give the sportsmen language in there saying hunting isn't trespass, man.... I myself would be all over that. I don't have any answers.

Terry Steinwand reported that they had meetings between Stockmen's and hunters. The first meeting went well, the second blew up. Real sportsmen are saying they work and don't have time to attend these functions so they keep sending these guys from orgs like ND wildlife federation and wildlife society. I've met these guys. Have been thrown out of public meetings by them. Totally understand the dynamic why the second meeting with Stockmen's blew up.

Can some real sportsmen step up please.

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
For those keeping score, here is another gem directly from the farm bureau:

"We support creating legislation that would require the North Dakota Game and Fish Department and/or U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to pay agricultural producers for wildlife depredation of livestock, crops and stored feed. The producer should be paid for losses at market price or contract price."

Yep, the farm bureau would like taxpayers to foot the bill for damages caused by wildlife, while simultaneously supporting all land being automatically posted, which we all know would limit hunting opportunities for the very wildlife they say are causing these issues.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
If DU is “opposition org” (whatever the F that is), what the hell is FB? The beliefs above read like a manifesto. People need to open their eyes to how damn crazy the farm bureau leadership is. Daryl is a piece of work. And yes, hes been Cramers right hand man, unfortunately.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
If DU is “opposition org” (whatever the F that is), what the hell is FB? The beliefs above read like a manifesto. People need to open their eyes to how damn crazy the farm bureau leadership is. Daryl is a piece of work. And yes, hes been Cramers right hand man, unfortunately.

Heidi lost. Get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

For those keeping score, here is another gem directly from the farm bureau:

"We support creating legislation that would require the North Dakota Game and Fish Department and/or U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to pay agricultural producers for wildlife depredation of livestock, crops and stored feed. The producer should be paid for losses at market price or contract price."

Yep, the farm bureau would like taxpayers to foot the bill for damages caused by wildlife, while simultaneously supporting all land being automatically posted, which we all know would limit hunting opportunities for the very wildlife they say are causing these issues.

You guys are getting waayy to wound up. That resolution is more about tolerance or when the numbers of wildlife get out of balance. A couple of moose are OK but if 300 of them are standing on the hay stack winter reserves then we have a problem. Let me tell you something, when someone goes into farming it is to be accepted and expected that there will be wildlife out there on the landscape/private property and they will take a portion of the crop. That is part of doing business as a farmer/rancher.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha. Good one smartass. Farm Bureau, private property rights are absolute. Unless you do something with it we dont agree with, then your a whacko environmentalist! By the way, you mever explsined how du is “opposition org”. Opposition to what? Ill wait. #credibility

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As a politician you need the FB support. Scott Hennen has Daryl on all the time and makes me want to turn off the radio immediately. Hennen doesn’t challenge of his claims. He also is a big supporter of wind and ethanol because they pay his program big money. In the end it’s all about the money.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
By the way, you mever explsined how du is “opposition org”.
They oppose rip, rape, and run agriculture.

Heidi lost. Get over it.
I for one am happy she did, but if the Farm Bureau keeps it up we could get two democrats like we had in the past. I don't like radicals from either side. Farm Bureau is sort of a Jim Jones Kool-aid bunch.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The resolutions speak for themselves Fritz. You can try to reason them anyway you want but that’s what’s there. You and the organization are not arguing in good faith when it comes to sportsmen and access.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Durant was there eh? No surprise here. I've got a story or two. Guy thinks he owns the entire east shore of oahe north of the border and all leased Corp land as well.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stick 'em up, gives us some money.

Back when global warming was all the buzz, the ND wildlife federation had all kinds of pictures of our electric coal fired generating plants all over their web-site hoping to cash in. But Al Gore and his carbon credit scheme fizzled.

Then the wildlife federation and Ducks Unlimited went after the oil and gas industry with their 5% oil revenue rip off measure. They wanted the money to purchase easements on land. The voters said no money for you.

It seems no energy industry is immune. Now they are after the wind turbines. Stick 'em up. We, DU want $557 million so DU can purchase encumberments on agricultural land. Extortion.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Easy there big fella, 557M is alot different than $557,000.

So DU can just demand money now? Got it. Pretty sure they aren't the regulators. All wind farms go through Public Service Commission.

Julie Fedorchak
Randy Christmann
Brian Kroshus

Theres your regulators. If you have an issue with them dictating where energy impact money goes, take it up with them. They obviously thought it was a good idea.

Nice try, though.

- - - Updated - - -

so DU can purchase encumberments on agricultural land.

You mean pay willing farmer to implement voluntary conservation practices on THEIR land? Ya, its a real shame :::. There you go again, dictating what your neighbors do on their land. Showing your colors! Good job.I love when a so called conservative starts lobbying for legislative morality on his neighbors. So liberal of you. Its wonderful.

- - - Updated - - -

Back to the topic at hand. Guys like Fritz arent helping when it comes to access. We will leave it at that. The trickle down of unintended consequences will be tremendous here if SB 2315 passes. I encourage all of you again, to please contact your legislators and urge them to VOTE NO ON SB2315.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes $557,000. The wind energy companies are not going to eat/absorb this loss so it will be added to the consumers electrical bills. A tax.

It's mitigation money from song birds running into the blades to wind farms possibly being sited unknowingly in wildlife corridors.

The Public Service Commission is looking at rerouting this flow of money sliding through DU's fingers.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Public Service Commission is looking at rerouting this flow of money sliding through DU's fingers.

Yup. Through The Ag Commish. I'm sure ol' Doug will spend it for its intended purpose (ya right). Passing through their fingers, right into farmers pockets!

- - - Updated - - -

Fritz, do you support wind subsidies and wind in ND? I"m sure I know where you stand on Ethanol as well. You have no issues with federal involvement when it suits your self interest. #credibility

I oppose both.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for derailing the conversation guys. Just hate seeing all this misinformation and diversionary tactics shown by some.

Vote no on SB2315!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93