SB 2315 - Ag Committee Recap

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup. Through The Ag Commish. I'm sure ol' Doug will spend it for its intended purpose (ya right). Passing through their fingers, right into farmers pockets!

- - - Updated - - -

Fritz, do you support wind subsidies and wind in ND? I"m sure I know where you stand on Ethanol as well. You have no issues with federal involvement when it suits your self interest. #credibility

I oppose both.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for derailing the conversation guys. Just hate seeing all this misinformation and diversionary tactics shown by some.

Vote no on SB2315!

Is there any kind of energy you do support? Or does your electricity come out of the light socket?

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Must have you on the ropes. Getting desperate.

As our friend would say, "answer the question, fritz".

I'm a coal burning, gas guzzling kind of guy. As I stated earlier, those other industries will be welcome as soon as they stop taking tax payer money. I dont need to pay for that crap. I dont want wind in my power grid or corn in my gas tank until they can stand on their own two feet. And when they do, I should be able to choose whether I want it or not. Not have it crammed down my throat. I'm a free market kind of guy. Thought you would be too but you sure seem to have alot of time to sit at the capital and listen to testimony. Most people who have that kind of time are known as lobbyists.

Where do you stand on corn and wind?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there any kind of energy you do support? Or does your electricity come out of the light socket?
Another smart ass remark. It's always labeling people or using names to try defeat, not actually engaging in the thought process. As a retired scientist I don't buy global warming. I see myself as a conservative, but you try paint me as a liberal to try defeat without reason. I don't support the wind projects or the corn ethanol, I support coal fired generation and hydropower in North Dakota. I will not say that all people who belong to the Farmers Bureau of bad people, but the organization sure has some anti hunter screw everyone but us attitudes. Ill believe what they have in writing, not what you tell me Fritz.

By the way Fritz I very much dislike Land Tawney's politics, but when you mention his name doesn't automatically make me think his conservation ideas are wrong. Only people with a self serving agenda will think that way.

Livetohuntandfish

Established Member
Another smart ass remark. It's always labeling people or using names to try defeat, not actually engaging in the thought process. As a retired scientist I don't buy global warming. I see myself as a conservative, but you try paint me as a liberal to try defeat without reason. I don't support the wind projects or the corn ethanol, I support coal fired generation and hydropower in North Dakota. I will not say that all people who belong to the Farmers Bureau of bad people, but the organization sure has some anti hunter screw everyone but us attitudes. Ill believe what they have in writing, not what you tell me Fritz.

By the way Fritz I very much dislike Land Tawney's politics, but when you mention his name doesn't automatically make me think his conservation ideas are wrong. Only people with a self serving agenda will think that way.

Come on..... screw hunters? Is that what you think. You truly believe that hunters are the cause of this bill. This is my gripe. I’m a hunter and a farmer. I don’t want to see this bill but at least I understand the underlying problems. To say it will only affect hunters is selfish. And saying it’s because it’s the hunters is foolish. This is our lives in the country. You wouldn’t want someone walking around on your lawn and having a picnic. I don’t see the need for this bill but then again I don’t live in the oilfield areas, or near enough to a big city to have many issues.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member

I'm a coal burning, gas guzzling kind of guy. As I stated earlier, those other industries will be welcome as soon as they stop taking tax payer money. I dont need to pay for that crap. I dont want wind in my power grid or corn in my gas tank until they can stand on their own two feet. And when they do, I should be able to choose whether I want it or not. Not have it crammed down my throat. I'm a free market kind of guy. Thought you would be too but you sure seem to have alot of time to sit at the capital and listen to testimony. Most people who have that kind of time are known as lobbyists.

Gasoline emits a lot of toxins so oxygenated additives are used to reduce smog. Methyl tertiary-butyl ether was banned and the auto industry needed a replacement...…….. Ethanol

Wind? If you had to be on life support for a couple days, would you rather be hooked up to a coal fired generator or a windmill? Ha

On a more serious note, there is nothing wrong experimenting with renewables. Each invention created has more possibilities than before. Will they replace coal as the "base load"? Doubt it. Too hard to beat the price.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gasoline emits a lot of toxins so oxygenated additives are used to reduce smog. Methyl tertiary-butyl ether was banned and the auto industry needed a replacement...…….. Ethanol

Wind? If you had to be on life support for a couple days, would you rather be hooked up to a coal fired generator or a windmill? Ha

On a more serious note, there is nothing wrong experimenting with renewables. Each invention created has more possibilities than before. Will they replace coal as the "base load"? Doubt it. Too hard to beat the price.
LMFAO and how much deisel fuel is burned producing ethonal? Grain based ethanol is the biggest boonedoggle the government has ever put over on the american taxpaying public!

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Come on..... screw hunters? Is that what you think. You truly believe that hunters are the cause of this bill. This is my gripe. I’m a hunter and a farmer. I don’t want to see this bill but at least I understand the underlying problems. To say it will only affect hunters is selfish. And saying it’s because it’s the hunters is foolish. This is our lives in the country. You wouldn’t want someone walking around on your lawn and having a picnic. I don’t see the need for this bill but then again I don’t live in the oilfield areas, or near enough to a big city to have many issues.

What? What are you smoking. I have never blamed hunters and I have never said they were the only ones hurt. Some of your points I don't understand at all what your actually saying.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yup. Through The Ag Commish. I'm sure ol' Doug will spend it for its intended purpose (ya right). Passing through their fingers, right into farmers pockets!

- - - Updated - - -

Fritz, do you support wind subsidies and wind in ND? I"m sure I know where you stand on Ethanol as well. You have no issues with federal involvement when it suits your self interest. #credibility

I oppose both.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for derailing the conversation guys. Just hate seeing all this misinformation and diversionary tactics shown by some.

Vote no on SB2315!
Keep it up man many of us are on your side. I never could understand the fuss with DU PAYING landowners for long term conservation easements. No one makes them take these offers. I understand it takes some land out of production but there is already too much crop being produced and too much habitat has been lost so it’s time to build it back up. Pass this no trespass and things like measure 5 may pass next time. Be careful what you wish for...

- - - Updated - - -

LMFAO and how much deisel fuel is burned producing ethonal? Grain based ethanol is the biggest boonedoggle the government has ever put over on the american taxpaying public!
Diesel, natural gas and coal are the fuels used to make ethanol. It takes more energy from these fuels to make ethanol than the amount of energy you get out of burning ethanol. Efficiencies are getting better but this industry must be able to stand on its own without governmental help

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Diesel, natural gas and coal are the fuels used to make ethanol. It takes more energy from these fuels to make ethanol than the amount of energy you get out of burning ethanol. Efficiencies are getting better but this industry must be able to stand on its own without governmental help
:;:thumbsup Ag pulled the wool over environmentalists eyes and got another fat gov check.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member

What you are talking about is the Renewable Fuels Standard where government required ethanol at the pump. You feel it got crammed down your throat. Each year Congress mandates increased amounts to be used. That conjures up images of corn farmers dancing in the streets. But did you know that since 2015 those increases have been for cellulosic alcohol not corn ethanol?

Cellulosic alcohol is biomass or made from straw, trees, grass. To keep the two separate think of it this way. Corn ethanol is moonshine, cellulosic is wood alcohol. If you drink cellulosic wood alcohol, you will die.

Kazillionares and governments have invested billions into unlocking the mysteries of cellulosic. They are still in the research stage and believe switch grass is the answer. Trouble is they can't haul tons of biomass on trucks more than 30 miles or it gets cost prohibitive and cellulosic alcohol is very corrosive so it can't be put in a pipeline. They will figure it out.

And the big one, they will need millions of acres of corn converted to switchgrass. Through government subsidies and mandates this is going to happen. Heavily invested corporations working with government want to sell you cellulosic alcohol. They will put money into their controlled opposition orgs who will carry the message. Watch for it:

Another big advantage of cellulosic ethanol is that, in contrast to food-based biofuels, cultivating prairie grasses does not require fertilizers, irrigation, or pesticides. Prairie systems' massive root structures sequester carbon and propagate without tilling.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Migrator. Just tired of people continually dragging people through the mud. Nothing evil about them just trying to accomplish what they say. MORE DUCKS.

Interesting stuff, fritz. I hope they do. I have no issues exploring renewables. I do have issues with mandated RFS from the government. The market, and consumers, do not want it. Are you trying to tell me that since big money is interested in switchgrass they are going to give money to DU? Not sure how you connect the dots? Or how that makes them opposition if they are promoting? haha. I bet if switchgrass is better for duck production than corn, they will support it! Just like they promoted winter wheat. They aren't the devil you make them out to be. They work every day with farmers and ranchers, just as alot of these conservation orgs do. Mule deer, elk, etc...

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Migrator. Just tired of people continually dragging people through the mud. Nothing evil about them just trying to accomplish what they say. MORE DUCKS.

Interesting stuff, fritz. I hope they do. I have no issues exploring renewables. I do have issues with mandated RFS from the government. The market, and consumers, do not want it. Are you trying to tell me that since big money is interested in switchgrass they are going to give money to DU? Not sure how you connect the dots? Or how that makes them opposition if they are promoting? haha. I bet if switchgrass is better for duck production than corn, they will support it! Just like they promoted winter wheat. They aren't the devil you make them out to be. They work every day with farmers and ranchers, just as alot of these conservation orgs do. Mule deer, elk, etc...

First they mandate it to get market share. As product is consumed they have to produce more. Producing more they learn on the fly how to become more proficient inventing technologies and enzymes to extract more sugars efficiently thereby getting more out of a ton of biomass.

The cellulosic industry has had a path paved for them by the ethanol industry.

I can see it now, oceans of grass as far as the eye can see. And then cut it down before the ducklings are out of the nest and haul it to the mill. Just messin' with ya.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
:;:thumbsup Ag pulled the wool over environmentalists eyes and got another fat gov check.

And you were double blind , Haha I'm neutral on this bill but you teed this one up , When it comes to getting the wool pulled over you are a champion. haha Just saying.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good to see we can all get along.

I need to go find a safespace until the legislature is done.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did they happen to include the 100s millions of dollars in engine and gas tank damage that ethanol caused boat and home owners? Takes a lot of energy to remake 1000s of engines and tanks.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i never even read it actually. just pulled the first recent article i could find. but, on the engine damage thing... not sure what you guys run for engines and if they are from the 1980s or something. but, i've never ran anything but the 10% stuff in anything i own, 1979 merc, lawnmowers, weed whackers, all of my vehicles including my 04 dodge with 345K on it. and can't say i have ever had an ethanol related engine problem. considering a person can hardly find ethanol free gas in most of the country and that E10 or better accounts for more than 95% of the gasoline consumed in this country, it can't be as big of a problem as people make it out to be in my non motor head mind.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=26092

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speaking of ethanol, The new refinery going up in Grand Forks will be using what is normally a waste product from sugar beet processing. A new process in US and probably about as environmentally friendly as ethanol plants will ever get. My boy works for American Crystal and went to Poland and toured the refinery over there. The process is pretty much the same as making vodka out of beets and since it's using byproducts that are normally waste its added value to an existing crop. It's exciting to see new technology come to North Dakota and good news to the red river valley and the whole state. It's tough to beet a deel like dat

https://www.agweek.com/business/agriculture/4489276-work-new-nd-biorefinery-under-way

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88