Sb 2315 - final house vote delayed!!

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure it can. The leasee of the grazing rights claims they have livestock present and can close it off from all public access for the requested amount of time. I ran across several where the closure started on 11-9 (opening day of rifle season) through 12-31. The funny thing is that 4 days after a fresh snow I could see across the entire property and through my spotter not find 1 cow or any cattle tracks. It was peculiar.

The guidelines for access can be found at www.land.nd.gov/hunt/publicinfo

you should have watched that tract and called the game warden if the "lessee" showed up and hunted it... if it is posted, not even the lessee can hunt it...

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is still a chance for the Senate to kill this bill since there were amendments made. At least "B" failed. I haven't dissected this bill enough to know the answer about retrieving game on posted property though.

you would think the logical thing would retrieving game would be tied into hunting thus not changing current law but these boys are anything but logical at times...… I enjoyed watching the live feed but felt about like when I walked out of taking my Physical therapy licensure exam...what the fuck just happened haha

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Dog:
My unerstanding, when we became a state section 16 and 36 were given to the state for education.

SE-16-163-68. Atlas says State of ND. Guy been renting for years for his cattle. Every year no hunting signs are up.
No one can hunt even the rentor on this land.
So before i act to stupidly tell me what the deal is on this and posters. thank you db

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
Where I hunt their is a guy that puts one bull in the school land during hunting season

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Okay i did not read those last post before posting #84. Maybe be best if i just retire, not venture into public and mind my own business. DB

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Db,

Like others have stated, the tenant can post the land. BUT it has to be done with School Trust Lands (ND Government) signs...and when done so appropriately, not even the tenant can hunt there.

-If the tenant is hunting the property, it means you can too.
-If its posted with yellow posted signed, thats illegal.
-Has to be government posted signs, and then tenant cannot hunt either.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
So is no trespass done for this session or can they bring it around the backdoor again?? If my count is correct it was 53N 38Y, My legislators both voted no as did my Senator.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So is no trespass done for this session or can they bring it around the backdoor again?? If my count is correct it was 53N 38Y, My legislators both voted no as did my Senator.
Yes they could reconsider it so it’s not quite over. Emailing the legislators after this vote is very important.

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
SB 2315 - WHAT HAPPENS NEXT...

As the above posts make clear (particularly Ugly Dogs' excellent shorthand assessment - props), a lot of the "bad stuff" in SB 2315 was struck when the bill was divided into Division A and Division B today. With Division B failing and A passing, it became obvious that sportsmen were heard in this process and despite all the dividing and categorizing of outdoorsmen, it was clear our voices echoed in Bismarck. What remains gives sportsmen a place to finally bargain from, a show of what's important to this state, our legislators, our heritage and our future. Thanks to all who wrote, called and talked to their legislators.

The bill as it passed will now be returned to the Senate for acceptance. The Senate will vote to either accept the bill as-is, or turn it over to another committee. That committee will then consider any amendments one more time. The latter is what is likely to happen, as our game of whack-a-mole continues. Now we must be vigilant as to what goes in, as this committee meeting, while open to the public, is announced the "day of" and will not take public comment, unless a spectator is called on (sometimes an agency rep or an expert) for discussion.

From my discussions with folks and what I understand, what will go to the committee is this:
AMENDMENTS 1-4-7-8-11 of THIS DOCUMENT --> https://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/66-2019/documents/19-0896-03000.pdf

Concerns I have are that fishing and any other non-hunting outdoors recreation is now prohibited on unposted land. That is going to be addressed by the sportsmen's reps I have talked to and they will try to get it so that that possessing a valid fishing license and equipment will be treated much like hunting license and equipment under this bill. Photography, hiking, fat-tire biking, snowshoeing, shed hunting, walking your dog, etc. on unposted land - we don't know, but as for now under Division A they're out.

Three weeks are left in the session and it will be crucial to stick with this process to the end to ensure access continues and we have a good place to work from for BETTER lawmaking next session that will benefit landowners AND hunters. I think we can get there, but the price of freedom, as they say, is vigilance. Thank you for yours.

Last edited:

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dogs:
Help me. Land up here is state land i thought, rented to cattle ranchers, goes up for bids evey so often, and every year they put posters up no hunting. So who owns this land? Need to find an atlas. guess I need to start at square one if I am going to look like I know what I am talking about. db

thanks dog next time I will read before posting. Just to damn slow. DB

you are correct that most school land parcels go up for bid for grazing. However that does not give the rancher the right to post the land. There are limited special cases where the renter will get permission from the State Trust Land office to post it, however in these cases the signs will directly come from the trust department.
Contact the State Trust department, I have found them very willing to help.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m still all for supplying metal signs to the landowners. They should have a lot less issues with them being simply torn down. Why hasn’t the legislators worked on making it easier to charge these trespassers. Sounds like we need more funding for game wardens and sheriff departments.
All for this.
Damn judges who see these cases need to get their heads out of their asses and start "stiffly" penalizing for the crimes that "are" committed. Nothing is going to change even if they pass this asinine bill.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Headland admitted that he dug up section lines to keep hunters out. Oops guess he said to smooth out the section lines so his grain trucks could get in and out of the fields. He got pinched for too many fish last summer. What a self serving sack of shit. Hunt my ass. His guns were taken away for 1 year.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Illegitimate hunters. That made me chuckle.

Last edited:

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
Headland admitted that he dug up section lines to keep hunters out. Oops guess he said to smooth out the section lines so his grain trucks could get in and out of the fields. He got pinched for too many fish last summer. What a self serving sack of shit. Hunt my ass. His guns were taken away for 1 year.

I forgot all about that, thanks for the reminder.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW......Good work everyone on getting involved!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 207
  • This month: 178
  • This month: 163
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 90