Sb 2315 - final house vote delayed!!

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
Didn't he also get a plead down wreckless driving last fall? right before the election ?

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Fellow Sportsmen,
Good work but it's not over. I have already sent an email back to my Senator trying to make my point because he finally got back to me from a previous email. Keep emailing your Senators and urging a NO vote on this bad bill. I emailed even before the house vote was completed. We need to stay on these guys. I am pissed that the legislators in District 4 all voted yes for this shit. I will be emailing the reps to get an explanation for the yes vote. I will continue to work on this as i feel this is coming back ASAP. It looks like the fellow sportsmen in District 4 have our work cut out for us!

Fish On!

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hey, thanks to all for making contact with their legislators.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
What happened in district 4.. sounds like we need to get representatives in there..

I sent 4 different emails to Jones and Fegley this week alone. Only response I got was from Jones today after the vote saying nothing more than "thanks". Neither responded to any of my questions.
Get em out.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I sent 4 different emails to Jones and Fegley this week alone. Only response I got was from Jones today after the vote saying nothing more than "thanks". Neither responded to any of my questions.
Get em out.

Same here with the reps. Our senator has been having a conversation with me. I had to email him twice to finally get a response. I am going to stay on them for an explanation. I see Fegley is connected to Farm Bureau so ......…;:;banghead

Fish On!

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Same here with the reps. Our senator has been having a conversation with me. I had to email him twice to finally get a response. I am going to stay on them for an explanation. I see Fegley is connected to Farm Bureau so ......…;:;banghead

Fish On!

This is exactly the same as I have received. We obviously live in the same district. Although I'm not sure my district senator and I see eye to eye, we've had some good debate back and forth and I appreciate the fact he has taken the time to both respond and listen. Fegley has provided zero response to no less than 4 emails and I've gotten the same "thanks" from Jones at-least twice.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, all is dully noted for the the next election cycle.......I can agree to disagree, however disregard is another thing especially when it appears to be to multiple constituents.

hoythunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I talked to Fegley, hes pretty firm in his support of SB 2315 or any other no trespass bill that might come up.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
how did the house bill turn out - y or n ??? I am going to hang my barrel out the window regardless how this thing turns out.

signed the roadmaster

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The state owns the land and they can not post it. If they are they are doing it illegally. If you look in a plots book state school land is in there. I think it's highlighted green.

Here is what they look like one is open to hunting if you notify the lessee and the other is closed to hunting including the lessee. In 17 he changed from notify to closed. This is the guy that would tell me that he preferred I would not go in there because his daughter or son were hunting at the time, which happened in different years . I politely told him that it was state land and I fulfilled my part of the requirements by notifying him.
school land 2.jpgschool land 1.jpg

Landowners like this not only post their land they also want to post and control the public land they rent.

Last edited:

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was surprised that 2 Reps. from Bismarck voted for this. Klemin who is a true idiot, and Dockter which I thought he would be smarter than this.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Headland admitted that he dug up section lines to keep hunters out. Oops guess he said to smooth out the section lines so his grain trucks could get in and out of the fields. He got pinched for too many fish last summer. What a self serving sack of shit. Hunt my ass. His guns were taken away for 1 year.

This should be sent in to the news. If this is true, Cynthia Schreiber-Beck, who was talking about these "Illegitimate" hunters, it literally talking about the spokesperson for this bill. The hypocrisy is unbelievable.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
From NDGF bill tracking page. https://gf.nd.gov/legislation?field..._title=&field_bill_hearing_date_value=&page=1

House divided the bill on the floor. The portion of the bill that remains states an individual may not remain on private property that is open to the public after being requested to leave the property; an individual may hunt on private property without obtaining permission unless the land is legally posted or the individual is asked to leave by the landowner; a trapper must receive written permission from the landowner to enter private land; a person may not act as a hunting guide or outfitter on private lands without first obtaining permission from the landowner. The portion of the bill that was removed included the 13 member land access committee which would have provided recommendations, including on electronic posting of land, to legislative management by Aug. 1, 2020. Passed house.

Nice gain on the outfitting too.

- - - Updated - - -

And how they voted:
ROLL CALL The question being on the final adoption of Division B of Engrossed SB 2315, as amended,the roll was called and there were 37 YEAS, 56 NAYS, 0 EXCUSED, 1 ABSENT AND NOT VOTING.

YEAS: (shame on them) Anderson, B.; Anderson, D.; Bellew; Boe; Brandenburg; Damschen; Delzer; Devlin;Dockter; Ertelt; Fegley; Headland; Hoverson; Johnson, C.; Johnson, D.; Jones;Kempenich; Kreidt; Laning; Longmuir; Magrum; Nelson, J.; Owens; Pollert; Richter;Schatz; Schmidt; Schreiber-Beck; Simons; Skroch; Trottier; Tveit; Vigesaa; Weisz;Westlind; Zubke; Speaker Klemin

NAYS: (The good guys) Adams; Anderson, P.; Beadle; Becker; Blum; Bosch; Boschee; Buffalo; Dobervich;Eidson; Fisher; Grueneich; Guggisberg; Hager; Hanson; Hatlestad; Heinert; Holman;Howe; Johnson, M.; Johnston; Kading; Karls; Kasper; Keiser; Kiefert;Koppelman, B.; Koppelman, K.; Lefor; Louser; Marschall; Martinson; McWilliams;Meier; Mitskog; Mock; Monson; Nathe; Nelson, M.; Paulson; Paur; Porter; Pyle;Roers Jones; Rohr; Ruby, D.; Ruby, M.; Sanford; Satrom; Schauer; Schneider;Schobinger; Steiner; Strinden; Toman; VetterABSENT AND NOT VOTING: O'Brien
Division B of Engrossed SB 2315, as amended, failed on a recorded roll call vote.

And Part A:
ROLL CALL The question being on the final passage of the amended bill, which consists of Division A only, which has been read, the roll was called and there were 55 YEAS, 38 NAYS,0 EXCUSED, 1 ABSENT AND NOT VOTING.

YEAS: Anderson, B.; Anderson, D.; Becker; Brandenburg; Damschen; Delzer; Devlin;Dobervich; Dockter; Ertelt; Fegley; Hatlestad; Headland; Hoverson; Johnson, C.;Johnson, D.; Johnston; Jones; Kading; Kasper; Kempenich; Kiefert; Koppelman, B.;Koppelman, K.; Kreidt; Laning; Lefor; Longmuir; Louser; Magrum; Marschall;McWilliams; Monson; Nelson, J.; Owens; Paulson; Pollert; Richter; Rohr; Ruby, D.;Ruby, M.; Sanford; Schatz; Schmidt; Schobinger; Schreiber-Beck; Simons; Skroch;Trottier; Tveit; Vetter; Vigesaa; Weisz; Westlind; Zubke

NAYS: Adams; Anderson, P.; Beadle; Bellew; Blum; Boe; Bosch; Boschee; Buffalo; Eidson;Fisher; Grueneich; Guggisberg; Hager; Hanson; Heinert; Holman; Howe;Johnson, M.; Karls; Keiser; Martinson; Meier; Mitskog; Mock; Nathe; Nelson, M.;Paur; Porter; Pyle; Roers Jones; Satrom; Schauer; Schneider; Steiner; Strinden;Toman; Speaker Klemin ABSENT AND NOT VOTING: O'Brien
Engrossed SB 2315, as amended, passed but the emergency clause failed.

Last edited:

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
This was actually a pretty good compromise. If its truly about property rights (debatable), both sides should be happy.

Again what bothers me is how the reps who are landowners all but said they do not like hunters, people who don't own land should stay out of the countryside, and they will be posting all their land solid (as if they didn't already) in revenge if this bill doesn't pass as they see fit. Dramatic tales of hunters ripping down signs and daring farmers to kick them out, such made up BS. All this after 1.) minimalizing public input, 2.) keeping everyone in the dark about details until the last minute, 3.) scrapping the landowner database, the default open unless otherwise stated nature of the new bill, and 4.) not having a funding plan, or impact study in place, so if it doesn't work after two years, then everything is posted. THEN, they have the audacity to say that irate sportsmen wanted no part of compromise, offer no input, and just want to be able to do what they please. Never had a problem with hunters on our land (neighbor kids on utv's and snowmobiles, different story), nor have I heard about anything major when it comes to problems with trespassing in my area.

Sportsman's groups know they need to work with landowners. They are not "entitled", 100% of the time gracious and respectful. I am a landowner and a member a couple foundations. They volunteer to fix fence, pick up trash, work on riparian habitat, help move cattle, pay for and put up signs etc., all in the name of mutual benefit and good relations. And yet these reps did an outstanding job painting a picture and driving a wedge between us.

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you to all of you who made sure our voices were heard this time around. Well done! I'd also like to thank njsimonson and fireone in particular for bringing attention to, constantly updating and clarifying what was going on with this bill. I believe you gentlemen made an enormous impact on this shitty bill getting defeated this time around. THANK YOU!!!

This issue is far from over considering it's what, the 8th or 9th time a similar bill has been introduced. Make no mistake about it, the people and special interests behind this bill will not stop trying to get a "everything is automatically posted" bill passed. A bill just like this one can be defeated a hundred times but only needs enough votes once to forever change the outdoors as we know it in North Dakota. I know I won't be forgetting how my reps/senator voted from my district and plan to vote accordingly and I will be informing everyone I know how their district reps/senator voted.

Keep up the fight guys and PLEASE RESPECT ALL LAND AND LANDOWNERS, whether public or private, posted or unposted because even one landowner having to deal with idiots who act like they are somehow entitled to trespass when it's clear you aren't wanted on their property, take down signs, shoot up signs, shooting livestock and other property, leaving garbage etc. is one too many. Just be respectful and make sure others in your party are being respectful as well. With that I will step off the soapbox no one asked me to be on. Again, nice work making sure our voices were heard gentlemen!!!

Feildhunter701

Founding Member
Founding Member
We need to get some editorials in the news papers around the state. About what happened with this bill.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sent my rep (Boe t Rolette co) telling him my disapointment for the yes. Sent back to me he did not vote yes. So i again got egg on my face and told my goof and thank him for his no vote. Just to old for this stuff but i thought it said yes next to his name. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 172
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56