Sb 2315 - final house vote delayed!!

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of my boys just lost my vote the next round and i will work hard to let others know. But the other said no.

I have found that i will state my feelings but a lot of those around me will not say so i assume after i made my short speech they are for it. But next time around or will sometime still happen?

Now i would like to see all state school land not posted by cattle ranchers for grazing but open to all of us year round. How does one start with that? db

State school land can not be posted. Call the state trust lands and let them know.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can some explain to me what just happened? I dont unstand what just happened with the divisions?

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
As important as it is to contact our legislators before a vote, it’s equally important to contact them after the vote to show we paid attention. Thank those who voted in favor with your views and let those who voted against your views know that you are disappointed. As always, remain respectful.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
One more email from everyone wouldn't hurt. It should be a thank you to those who represented your interests. I'm sure many voted the way they did specifically because of the amount of emails they received. You should appreciate that they took them into account.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Who was that guy from district 38 who was talking before Tveit? What was this threatening language that was stated during the discussion? I just caught the end of the session.

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can some explain to me what just happened? I dont unstand what just happened with the divisions?

Section A gives the land owner the right to remove people from their unposted land if they want to. Doesn't hurt hunting or access. That passed.

Section B had all the bad shit in it and new laws making everything posted. That failed.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Dogs:
Help me. Land up here is state land i thought, rented to cattle ranchers, goes up for bids evey so often, and every year they put posters up no hunting. So who owns this land? Need to find an atlas. guess I need to start at square one if I am going to look like I know what I am talking about. db

thanks dog next time I will read before posting. Just to damn slow. DB

Last edited:

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I wouldn't be surprised if this gets reconsidered before session is out. In any case, we haven't heard the last of this.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
so with this division and A passing and B not passing. biggest question can a guy legally still retrieve game shot on land he rigthfully has permsioon to hunt???? 2 people asked it an got 2 different responses one saying yes you can the other saying no you cant

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dogs:
Help me. Land up here is state land i thought, rented to cattle ranchers, goes up for bids evey so often, and every year they put posters up no hunting. So who owns this land? Need to find an atlas. guess I need to start at square one if I am going to look like I know what I am talking about. db

The state owns the land and they can not post it. If they are they are doing it illegally. If you look in a plots book state school land is in there. I think it's highlighted green.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow. From what I gathered, this bill was revenge because the federal government won’t let them drain sloughs? And someone drove down a section line that Headland wanted to use. Those two were so pissed they could barely talk. Also that guy who said good luck hunting mule deer if this doesn’t pass, he and his buddies are locking everything up.

Skroch and sheriber-beck also have a deep seeded hate for hunters, talk about dramatic. Instead of the threatening “do as we say or you’ll never hunt again”, take the time to actually talk to a sportsman. They say we were impossible to bring to the table. I never got my invite to the table, and every time I tried to communicate, I was accused of being a drunk criminal. It seems there actually was a compromise today, but that of course wasn’t enough.

Also: Who was the rep who responded to the “illegitimate hunter” comment, about how he took exception to the term? Seemed like a good dude.

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes i did sent the thank you for the no vote but the yes guy i know well and thought i would leave it along. However a simple disapointment should be okay so that went out also. db

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
shot on land rigthfully can hunt crosses fence to another. technically with the passage of A i wouldnt be hutning so.....

dank

State school land can not be posted. Call the state trust lands and let them know.

Sure it can. The leasee of the grazing rights claims they have livestock present and can close it off from all public access for the requested amount of time. I ran across several where the closure started on 11-9 (opening day of rifle season) through 12-31. The funny thing is that 4 days after a fresh snow I could see across the entire property and through my spotter not find 1 cow or any cattle tracks. It was peculiar.

The guidelines for access can be found at www.land.nd.gov/hunt/publicinfo

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is still a chance for the Senate to kill this bill since there were amendments made. At least "B" failed. I haven't dissected this bill enough to know the answer about retrieving game on posted property though.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
State Trust lands must be posted with signs issued by the state.

This may Help clear the mud https://land.nd.gov/Docs/Surface/postingpacket.pdf

Simply put, state trust land can be posted by the lessee, BUT, if it is posted as "closed to public access" NO ONE, not even the lessee, can legally hunt it.

Last edited:

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The state owns the land and they can not post it. If they are they are doing it illegally. If you look in a plots book state school land is in there. I think it's highlighted green.
State school land can be posted by the renter if there are cattle present. They have to use state issued posters and no one is allowed to hunt the land including the renter.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49