Scheels Bismarck

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2015
Posts
4,451
Likes
1,396
Points
523
Location
SE ND.
And it has to be in-stock at the time you ask for the match.
Found this out with the Scherls Ace store this summer. I wanted the Weber Searwood which Lowes had in stock and on sale or order direct from Weber for the sale price. Beings it was special order no discount even if it was a Weber sale.
I ended up buying through them and have them order it because I pretty much made up the price difference in Scheels gift cards. Then those cards helped pay for kids sports shoes this fall
 


Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
May 15, 2015
Posts
10,719
Likes
8,775
Points
1,008
Location
Bismarck
Scheels All Sports is currently facing major active legal actions, including a federal age discrimination lawsuit and a high-profile upcoming wrongful death trial.

📊 EEOC Age Discrimination Lawsuit (September 2026)
• Filing Date: September 30, 2026
• Plaintiff: U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
• The Issue: The EEOC filed a federal lawsuit in Nevada against Scheels alleging violations of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA).
• Core Allegation: Scheels changed its employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) to force workers aged 40 and older to sell back their company shares if they worked fewer than 1,000 hours in a year. Workers under 40 were allowed to keep their shares under the same low-hour conditions.


📅 Wrongful Death and Negligent Entrustment Trial (October 2026)
• Case: Sarah Van Bogart v. Scheels All Sports and William Ballantyne
• Trial Dates: Scheduled for October 26 to December 4, 2026, in Minnesota.
• The Incident: In August 2022, 19-year-old Jordan Markie died by suicide inside an Eden Prairie, Minnesota Scheels store after an employee handed him an operable handgun.
• Core Allegation: Backed by Everytown Law, the lawsuit claims the employee failed to check identification (the buyer legal age is 21 in Minnesota) and ignored signs of emotional distress or anxiety before handing over the firearm. A judge denied Scheels' motion to dismiss, sending the case to a jury trial.
 

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2015
Posts
9,019
Likes
864
Points
508
They will settle on something -- big pockets always get shook down which should be a crime in its self. Question long time since i bought a gun retail -- but i though the triggers all locked up; even when looking at the gun? Plus then it must of took a few seconds to load the gun--how did that all work did the employee run away?
 


jdfisherman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2015
Posts
309
Likes
329
Points
232
Last time I bought a handgun at Scheels there was no trigger lock, but the associate would rack the slide and make sure there wasn't a round in it before he handed it to me. I think the rifles have trigger locks, but it's been a while since I looked at guns at Scheels.
 

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2015
Posts
22,012
Likes
8,666
Points
963
Location
Dickinson
Person had the ammo in their possession, and must have somehow loaded it when the associate was gathering a different item for them, or someone interrupted, not sure how the second part would have lined out.
 

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2015
Posts
11,775
Likes
1,885
Points
663
i though the triggers all locked up; even when looking at the gun? Plus then it must of took a few seconds to load the gun--how did that all work did the employee run away?
Handguns are in cases behind lock and key. Terrible-awful situation. I can't imagine the feeling one would have being the person who opened the case.

There's got to be an awful lot more detail to the age discrimination case. Their ESOP has been around since the 90's at least. It's not like they just decided willy-nilly to just make that requirement about 1K hrs and 40yrs old. That makes for a good headline/click-bait but there's almost assuredly codified legality in the rules governing an ESOP program for doing what they did.
 


Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Posts
987
Likes
911
Points
333
Location
Bismarck
My only gripe about Scheels is their annoying cashier script. It's none of their business what I have planned for the rest of the day or what I intend to do with these items I'm buying.
 

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2015
Posts
30,673
Likes
10,199
Points
1,133
Location
Faaargo, ND
My only gripe about Scheels is their annoying cashier script. It's none of their business what I have planned for the rest of the day or what I intend to do with these items I'm buying.
True - it is scripted. And doesn't really make me "like Scheels" any more than I would if they'd just be capable and polite.
 

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

  • This month: 12
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 3
  • This month: 3
Top Bottom