SD Road Hunting

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope you mean sliding door on both sides and a competent pilot who can get the power doors open for you and get the vehicle speed correct while you're getting in position.......
I plead the 5th

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
4 wheel drive Astro van with seats arranged for shooting. We had one in high school.
Nah, only 1 sliding door. Of the 7-8 minivans dad had for work cars, the Astro is the only one to sustain any damage underneath. Rock-meet-oilpan.

The above, plus the transmission on dad's only made about 70K Mi of 90% highway driving/traveling salesman duty.

They did however have the upside of body-on-frame. Also don't ever remember being stuck, of course after the oil-pan deal, he was pretty careful about anything that even appeared "deep".

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nah, only 1 sliding door. Of the 7-8 minivans dad had for work cars, the Astro is the only one to sustain any damage underneath. Rock-meet-oilpan.

They did however have the upside of body-on-frame.
Good thing about my uncle having his own shop the Astro had a lift I wish I could find pictures of it.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
4 wheel drive Astro van with seats arranged for shooting. We had one in high school.
Hahaha, sweet,all wheel drive astro van's i called them,poor man's suburban, had a couple of them,light enough they wouldn't bog down on soft fields like buddies 4x4 trucks,great fuel economy, multi purpose,hunting,ice fishing, plenty of room to take a knapp or camp in overnight, room for pupper,camp stove etc,never thought about shooting outof sliding side door at the time until this post.fun memories.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88