Seagull removal

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know these basterds are some how protected as a migratory bird -- which is a bunch of shit in its self.

I have seagulls on my boat lift canopy. They always were on this big ole wake boat canopy on the other side of the lake. It was orange actually it was paint completely white from their shit.

Now they are on mine. I watch my cam they come on at about 6am. I commuted starting wed and started chasing them off. I havent had time this week but will tonight wash the shit off.

Ideas without breaking the bank??? BB gun no as my neighbor for all i know would turn me in-- i tried 790 kfgo cranked on the boat radio 24-7 it worked up until this morning. Heidkamp must be gone today.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Don't have a for sure answer but my neighbor paced a pink flamingo on his shoreline to keep the geese from walking up, along with their shit, to feed on the nice green grass. Only suggestion I have other than a 12ga, perhaps a 20ga. for birds the size of seagulls.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know these basterds are some how protected as a migratory bird -- which is a bunch of shit in its self.

I have seagulls on my boat lift canopy. They always were on this big ole wake boat canopy on the other side of the lake. It was orange actually it was paint completely white from their shit.

Now they are on mine. I watch my cam they come on at about 6am. I commuted starting wed and started chasing them off. I havent had time this week but will tonight wash the shit off.

Ideas without breaking the bank??? BB gun no as my neighbor for all i know would turn me in-- i tried 790 kfgo cranked on the boat radio 24-7 it worked up until this morning. Heidkamp must be gone today.
Don't know if you have a place to mount, but one of the Owls with the rotating head maybe. Works to keep birds out of my porch

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_8047.png

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it gets to the point where i put a metal roof on it - then yes i could use spikes.

Lots of good ideas above thanks --- i am going to start with cleaning it dowsing it with vinegar and flags.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
They use coyote decoys down south. I'm guessing the gulls got use to the owl decoys after awhile.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member

Do you have to have the canopy? Serious question. We had a lake cabin in northern MN for a number of years with an older toon, mind you..on our lift..no canopy..just put the cover on the pontoon when we were not there. Never had a problem with seagull shit on the cover or goose scat on the dock for that matter??? Perhaps they congregated on green canopies around the lake?? Dont know..one canopy did have that fishing line stuff that seemed to keep their canopy green vs white with shit. ( My avatar is sunup at our little place of heaven BTW!)🎣

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Slightly OT: I've been inland from WV to GA. ZERO sea birds: I get up here and it's like the Fla. Keys; in
"dead center"--WTF?!! Is this a Mormon Miracle due to locusts or a more agnostic east wind from the Great Lakes?!! This is crazy shit IMHO.

Eatsleeptrap

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sunflower field boomer? Do what you have to do to keep your property clean and do not think twice about it.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those owls work good for keeping smaller birds out of the berry patch, not sure about seagulls but worth a try.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 87
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 25