Security/Trial Camera ??

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm planning to set up a camera of some sort to capture anyone driving up my driveway from the HWY. I plan on getting a good outdoor case and attaching it to a post. Post my be wooden or steel but will be concreted in so it will take A LOT of effort to steal. I may even use the existing gate post, which is a big pipe concreted in that is already there.

Will headlights "Blind" the camera? Will the $100 ish game cameras be good enough? I really don't want every car driving by to record, but any pulling up to the gate. Is there a way to set them? Anything I'm not considering?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there a reason?
People turn around in driveways all the time. I will even sometimes in the country, while working, pull over into a driveway to check my phone, etc.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, I want to document anyone who pulls up to my gate. I've already been broke into and haven't even moved in yet.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
Do you want to be notified when the camera detects something? If so you'd need a camera with a cellular plan or it would have to be within range of a good WiFi connection.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I HATE it when people use my driveway to turn around in!! Is it their driveway? I absolutely will go around the block before I use someone else's driveway to turn around in. Won't do it.

That is all.....

AND STAY OFF MY LAWN!!!!!

MULEDEER

Established Member
I bought my mom this thing called ring. Works through your cell phone. I was thinking it was junk at first but it works really well and was fairly cheap 200 bucks. Ma loves it might work for you.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Had a ring on my outdoor light for about the last 12 years.
Works great with great pictures. Cost of 4 dollars per month to retain pictures. Would not be without it. Talks to the people when they set it off. I too can talk to them and they to me.
Two lights on ring so it lights up area good.
Love it when i leave home as it lets me know what is going on no matter where i am. db

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I set one up to watch for deer and another to watch my camera. Lights do blind it sometimes more than others, but you usually get the license. Picked up a white 3/4 ton diesel at 3:30 am at my dee stand a mile and a half in on a prairie trail. Oh and on posted land.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought my mom this thing called ring. Works through your cell phone. I was thinking it was junk at first but it works really well and was fairly cheap 200 bucks. Ma loves it might work for you.
My house came with a Ring doorbell. It's 200 yards from my gate and approach. My new house in the country.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I set one up to watch for deer and another to watch my camera. Lights do blind it sometimes more than others, but you usually get the license. Picked up a white 3/4 ton diesel at 3:30 am at my dee stand a mile and a half in on a prairie trail. Oh and on posted land.

Thanks, I guess I'll just have to experiment with placement. Also thank you on the cellular option...did not know that. I may pick up my Wifi But IDK? I may place it back onto the property enough to get Wifi, and then I'll only get people driving up to the house.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
20221019_180351.jpg

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the OAHE ever comes up and you're fishing Pocupine Creek Bridge, I'll see you

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wasn't me PG. :cool:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93