Sippin whiskey

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
in my drinking days "makers mark" then later in life "fireball" tried my hand at Jameison as stated above,but the bite required a coke chasser,old irish buddy force fed me(shamous o'tool) saloon owner in breckenridge colorado way back when Ithought I thought I was bullet proof

Last edited:

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Favorite scotch: Lagavulin 16
Favorite bourbon: Blanton's
Favorite Canadian whisky: Doesn't matter as it all ends up in a glass with ice and water (Grande Canadian is surprisingly good for the money)
Favorite Irish: none - haven't explored them enough

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I rarely find a bottle that is $30+ that isnt worth drinking. Upper level stuff is great of course. But, few can afford to make it a daily or even weekly thing. I prefer single malt scotch. Although the older mccallans, glenfiddich, glenlivets, etc... are all good and probably better, i find myself buying glen moray aged in port for $30 more than the rest. Its nearly just as good
.. maybe better... and certainly priced better.

Glemorainge aged in a Sherry cask, just a touch less sweet than the port cask stuff but enough sweet to take the edge off.

Canadian Club used to make a Sherry cask aged Canadian whiskey as well, alas, no more........

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glemorainge aged in a Sherry cask, just a touch less sweet than the port cask stuff but enough sweet to take the edge off.

Canadian Club used to make a Sherry cask aged Canadian whiskey as well, alas, no more........

Thought you loved Laphroaig!!

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha, the definition of a man's drink, in other words....

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Laphroaig is distilled from the puss that oozes out of infected blow-fly bites on Caribou bull scrotums.

sorry - but I've already cornered the bottled puss market - plz find another bodily fluid reference

cache.php

- - - Updated - - -

by the way - if any whiskey freaks want to dabble in rum - Pusser's is the "whiskiest" rum I've encountered and would be a good first taste test

I was a bourbon nut prior to rum

also - Bacardi should not be classified as a rum - I'm pretty sure it's 50% jet fuel

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anybody tried this fine beverage from Chicago, called Malort? I think it's made from wormwood. Sounds real interesting!

Malort.jpg

“Most first-time drinkers of Jeppson’s Malört reject our liquor. Its strong, sharp taste is not for everyone. Our liquor is rugged and unrelenting (even brutal) to the palate…we found only 1 out of 49 men will drink Jeppson’s Malört after the first ‘shock-glass.’” — Original Jeppson’s Malört label

“Jeppson Malört has the aroma and full-bodied flavor of an unusual botanical. Its bitter taste is savored by two-fisted drinkers.” — Current Jeppson’s Malört label

“It tastes like pencil shavings and heartbreak.” — John Hodgman on WTF with Marc Maron

“Malort tastes like fertilizer except it doesn’t grow on you.” — The “Wall of Malort” at Nisei Lounge in Wrigleyville

“Imagine twisting damp socks after a heavy workout and squeezing the moisture into a bottle. Fill the bottle with that, let it ferment in a warm closet. That’s Malort.” — Reddit user borkbork99

“Malört tastes like a baby aspirin wrapped in a grapefruit peel, bound with rubber bands and then soaked in well gin.” — Sam Mechling, marketing director for Jeppson’s Malört, to Inked magazine

“But you have to earn living in Chicago. You earn it by living through those winters. And if Malört isn’t the liquid equivalent of a Chicago winter, I’m not really sure what is.” — The Violet Hour head mixologist Toby Maloney to Munchies

“Subject: A stupid Chicago tradition has gone TOO FAR… This literally tastes like throw up. That is not an exaggeration. The aftertaste is just about the worst thing I’ve ever had in my mouth OTHER than the aftertaste of vomit… It was the worst liquor I’ve ever had, and hopefully my review will save you from having to endure this STUPID tradition. If someone ever calls you un-manly…” Binny’s Beverage Depot website commenter tapoutrightnow

“This Malort tastes like Nintendo Switch cartridge.” — Someone Twitter user @kazeugma overheard at MAGFest

“It tastes like someone vomited up their gin and now you’re drinking it from a shoe.” — Reddit user Look_to_the_Stars

“What can you say about drinking Malört that hasn’t already said…about drinking pesticide?” — Sean Cooley, Thrillist

“It’s like swallowing a burnt condom full of gas.” — Jason Sudeikis’ character, Gene, in Drinking Buddies

“When you’re putting your kid’s shoes on and it’s getting to be time to replace them—the way they smell is how Malört tastes.” — Whet Moser, Senior editor, Chicago magazine

“What does a punch in the face taste like? Just try Malört.” — Kat Odell, Eater

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you guys just pour it in a glass and drink it? I am going to the citys next week and might have to see if i like any of that stuff

wfginsptr

Founding Member
Founding Member
As a Tennessee Squire I have been sipping Old No. 7 for over 40 years and still going.
Also, have a taste for Single Barrel and Gentleman Jack. Knob Creek is as smooth as they come just as Markers Mark.

But I am sure many of you will agree "a free beer or drink is the best all around". :;:cheers

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
first time i ever got drunk was jack daniels if i even smell that stuff it makes me gag and bourbon of that sort i cant take

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it's a pretty regional thing, so I doubt it. I have never looked though.
They could maybe special order in a bottle?
I've never had it either, but I have read some comments on another forum and it's on my to do list.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you guys just pour it in a glass and drink it? I am going to the citys next week and might have to see if i like any of that stuff

I wondered the same thing -- is this thread talking sippin or mixin or pounding? The TN native he is talking sippin

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
watching "gunsmoke" lately they all drink like fish whiskey called "redeye" wonder what it is other than brown whiskey

wfginsptr

Founding Member
Founding Member
watching "gunsmoke" lately they all drink like fish whiskey called "redeye" wonder what it is other than brown whiskey

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.quora.com/In-the-Old-West-why-did-they-call-whiskey-red-eye

a link to the answer to your question.
[/FONT]

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Knob Creek or Woodford for Bourbon.

I just picked up some Crown Royal XO (it was on sale). That is really good! Might be my new favorite!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34