Sitka gear…..$$$$

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t think I w paid full price for any piece of Sitka gear I own. The fanatic jacket and incinerator bibs have kept me warm on a lot of cold long sits during late bow season. When people ask if it’s worth it, I always say I wouldn’t pay full price for it, but now after owning it for awhile there is a few pieces I would pay full price for. Kind of the same thing as good boots. Could never justify spendy boots until I bought a pair of kennetreks. Now i hate wearing my other boots unless it’s flat land walking.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where’s best place to get deals on these white privilege garments??
I get some decent deals on Sitka stuff from midwayusa when I’m shopping for other gun stuff I don’t need. Same place I got a good deal on kennetreks. One thing I recommend is to try it on at scheels first and write down what you like and want along with sizes. Sitka can be misleading when looking at pictures and the level of insulation on certain pieces.

NodakBob

Honored Member
I agree that the quality and longevity is worth the price, but I only buy the fancy stuff on sale. I find the Kuiu pants have a bit more room than Sitka with similar high quality. My favorite stuff is the merino wool tshirts...wear them year round 5 days/week.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I wear solids pretty often just because it’s comfortable. I’ve also killed more shit than the plague the last decade with my 6.5 topped with a vortex.
Talk is cheap. In the days before these Facebook of hunting websites we hunted and shot more shit then the plague and covid combined and did it with a 243 and Leuplod. We didn't have to post pictures of what we shot and how good are dogs were just to stroke are ego's. Being modest is a good thing and we haven't changed.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Talk is cheap. In the days before these Facebook of hunting websites we hunted and shot more shit then the plague and covid combined and did it with a 243 and Leuplod. We didn't have to post pictures of what we shot and how good are dogs were just to stroke are ego's. Being modest is a good thing and we haven't changed.
You are offended too!

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You are offended too!
No not at all. I had a Lab running field trials and was a contender. Her marks were second to none and seen her run blind at over 3/8 of a mile over hills and bring back the birds. All she need was a tap on the head, no picture to document it. She would spend more time in Canada and retrieve more birds in a fall than most dog will retrieve in a life time. She hunted 6 days a week in Canada and rest up on Sundays.

I was the redneck up there. Laying in blinds with My Carhartt jackets and bibs. Never got cold, but never tried to win and Glamor contest.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
No not at all. I had a Lab running field trials and was a contender. Her marks were second to none and seen her run blind at over 3/8 of a mile over hills and bring back the birds. All she need was a tap on the head, no picture to document it. She would spend more time in Canada and retrieve more birds in a fall than most dog will retrieve in a life time. She hunted 6 days a week in Canada and rest up on Sundays.

I was the redneck up there. Laying in blinds with My Carhartt jackets and bibs. Never got cold, but never tried to win and Glamor contest.
Birds dont count

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

What was the labs name. How many all age points did you get? Who did you train with? I don’t run field trails don’t have enough experience or knowledge. Those open dogs are special.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry but not sorry...I went busting sloughs in blue jeans and carharts for phezzys and ducks back in the day like most of us. It sucked being wet and cold all day. These new garments give me way more comfortable time in the field. Nothing right or wrong about what you wear but I'm sticking to this new age shit.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What was the labs name. How many all age points did you get? Who did you train with? I don’t run field trails don’t have enough experience or knowledge. Those open dogs are special.
She was a daughter of FC AFC Gunstock Butch From Winifox. I bought her off the truck at 18 months. Just a unbelievable dog.

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Like the gal's say "if you got them flaunt them". I could be wrong. LB

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wrangler performance stretch pants from wal mart are the best pants I own. I wear them for everything.

And I have probably 4 each of sitka and kuiu pants.

Got a black ovis down jacket off Camofire for like $70 that is badass.

There are a lot of companies that have the same shit as the high dollar companies

But I mostly road hunt so take it for what it’s worth.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31