Skeeters

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
this is confusing

not a skeeter in sight for the last month or so - we’re usually pretty nasty with them

I must be smoking the right type of marijuana
when that has happened around my farm it is usually because the farmers sprayed insecticide on crops?

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
our subdivision has a commercial fogger we use once a week, it works great.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aerial spraying for skeeters in Fargo and West Fargo tonight at 8. Still haven’t laid eyes on one here at house yet.

Waste of money 😄

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got a crap load of them mud dabbers and not many skeeters, but with cattle around we got them biting flies and nothing man has made will keep them away. Deep woods off is like old spice to them. LB

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live in a heavy wooded area with lots of bugs from mosquitos to ants and everything in between. Bifen XTS works well for both me and my neighbors yards, Where we have areas of taller brush and trees that can be treated to kill them dirty sob. We shot off fireworks for the 4 th and didn't have one issue with bugs used tempo in the past but found this stuff to be superior in their effectiveness to killing bugs for longer periods of time since it's a oil based solution.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just stand\sit 5 feet away from the wife, she's a skeeter magnet.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Black Flag propane powered insect fogger. lay on heavy in your yard right before dark will last for days

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
If there is a plus to having severe neuropathy it’s that I don’t feel flies and mosquitoes 🦟.
:oops:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
We bought a zapper 4-5 years ago. It works okay, my problem with it, it kills desirable bugs too. I found this little side note.

Experts cited in an article from the Wirecutter also concluded that bug zappers have the unintended consequence of killing beneficial insects.

For the first time, I bought a bug zapper to hang by my front door. It has essentially eliminated the problem of unwanted bugs (flies and skeeters) following the dog or kids into the house. As far as it killing beneficial bugs, I can't say that I've seen any dead bees, damsel flies, or dragon flies. They would appear to be too big to get zapped. Small moths do coat the thing though and they need to get the leaf blower treatment every few days.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
1689450263499.png

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
They say the only place for a zapper is your neighbors yard, because they draw other bugs that wouldn't normally be there. Just what I heard . . . have never tried.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
They say the only place for a zapper is your neighbors yard, because they draw other bugs that wouldn't normally be there. Just what I heard . . . have never tried.
I've heard this as well and used it as justification for never having had one before this June.

What I have learned is that this clearly doesn't apply to my living in the country where the bugs are attracted to my yard light (about 30 yards from my front door) or the windows/doors of my house when there's a light on inside the house or the rarely used light above the front door. Seriously, this thing has at a minimum coincided with a ~95% reduction in flies/moths/skeeters following one as they come in the front door which is about 10 ft away from the zapper.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spent 8_9 hours today in the woods doing treestand stuff. Long sleeved shirt,no sweating and not one single mosquitoe.
So refreshing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 196
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93