Skeeters

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not the boats, but the flying a-holes that seem to reproduce daily. I’ve used Cutter Backyard Bug Control for years and usually only have to apply it twice a year. I’ve applied it 3 times this year and it hasn’t made a dent in the mosquito population. I’m not opposed to firing up thermacells every time I go outside but I’d like to cause mass genocide as well. Anything you guys have used that destroys these friggen winged-devils?

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of the people I camp next to put a zapper up Saturday evening. That thing zapped non-stop for hours. A little annoying, but also put a smile on my face listening to all them little bastards get zapped.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bug zapper and a case of beer, cheap Red Neck party. LB

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They have gone crazy down here to. Im getting some stuff to spray i have an acre or so but the dog doesnt even want to go out side the bastards are so bad

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have them on me almost immediately after stepping out my door. Glad to hear it's not just my house.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
They're even bad in town, which is odd. Usual they're spraying constantly, but this year seems like one must take matters into his own hands.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right now I'm using Talstar P which is identical to the product 7mm linked above. Prior to this year i thought it worked awesome. It does work, just didn't seem to have the residual as years past. Im guessing it's because the bastards are extra horrible this year.

Tempo alone has sucked for me in the past. But I will mix it with the bifenthrin just to use it up, until my bottle is gone.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We even have a good population of them out west here.
for some reason mrs johnr gets very few if any bites, and I come home after the weekend like I have the damn chickenpox.
WTF is with that... :mad:

rodcontrol

Founding Member
Founding Member
We even have a good population of them out west here.
for some reason mrs johnr gets very few if any bites, and I come home after the weekend like I have the damn chickenpox.
WTF is with that... :mad:
blood type seems to matter

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
We bought a zapper 4-5 years ago. It works okay, my problem with it, it kills desirable bugs too. I found this little side note.

Experts cited in an article from the Wirecutter also concluded that bug zappers have the unintended consequence of killing beneficial insects.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We bought a zapper 4-5 years ago. It works okay, my problem with it, it kills desirable bugs too. I found this little side note.

Experts cited in an article from the Wirecutter also concluded that bug zappers have the unintended consequence of killing beneficial insects.
No insects in the johnr realm are beneficial. If it keeps my tiny little outdoor area clear, them bugs can do their bugging in the millions of non johnr areas.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most all those products work but don't last with the recent rains, washes them out pretty quickly. About ready to fire up the thermacell for the golf cart out on the course. Wow their horrid. . . of course they might not be so bad if I could stay in the fairway ...rofl...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
this is confusing

not a skeeter in sight for the last month or so - we’re usually pretty nasty with them

I must be smoking the right type of marijuana

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't worry guy they will show up didn't have a problem until 2 days ago, went to check for ripe cukes and donated a pint to the bastards, and today just a trip in the backyard to throw the dog a ball and she fetched it once and went for the door then they found me, hasn't been a problem around the house for years. BTW anybody notice the millions of little green grasshoppers this year

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88