Snows

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
Im guessing the hoards are pretty well up into the northern half of Canada yet, these are birds that have been pounded on for the last month and took an early respite below the 49th parallel.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Live in South Bismarck. I see/hear a few every night. Last night a smallish flock passed over at about 11:30 PM

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im guessing the hoards are pretty well up into the northern half of Canada yet, these are birds that have been pounded on for the last month and took an early respite below the 49th parallel.
I'm curious what your definition of Northern Canada is? I'm assuming that by far northern Canada you mean far Northern part of far suthern Canada because far northern canada is a fucking ice cube right now.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Based on prior trips to Saskatchewan and the weather we have(n't) had, I would bet that the bulk of the snows are in between Saskatoon and Regina at this point. Looks like they won't be any colder than ND the next few days but some highs forecasted at or below freezing next week for them so that could push it into full gear...

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Based on prior trips to Saskatchewan and the weather we have(n't) had, I would bet that the bulk of the snows are in between Saskatoon and Regina at this point. Looks like they won't be any colder than ND the next few days but some highs forecasted at or below freezing next week for them so that could push it into full gear...
Not to mention we will start getting the moon working in our favor in a few days.

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
I'm curious what your definition of Northern Canada is? I'm assuming that by far northern Canada you mean far Northern part of far suthern Canada because far northern canada is a fucking ice cube right now.

Im curious why the FOCK your so analytical to other peoples comments?? Your assumptions are correct and I hope you do realize other people have been in the snow goose game just as long or longer than our own resident expert Super Nean Delson. Also I hope you have reliable resources from the northern half of the province down into the southern half of the province because the information you seem regurgitate on us consists of the same shit every day of the previous year.

Do you even actually hunt waterfowl or are you primarily a Bird Watcher nowadays:;:huh

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
14c147daa305d25cf63e3f14f72c88d0c3f2eb03d687fd5caa642a6ae17a1a37.jpg

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im curious why the FOCK your so analytical to other peoples comments?? Your assumptions are correct and I hope you do realize other people have been in the snow goose game just as long or longer than our own resident expert Super Nean Delson. Also I hope you have reliable resources from the northern half of the province down into the southern half of the province because the information you seem regurgitate on us consists of the same shit every day of the previous year.

Do you even actually hunt waterfowl or are you primarily a Bird Watcher nowadays:;:huh

No I just hang out with the Eskimos being analytical about why somebody would say something equivalent to Houston Texas being in North Dakota is considered hyper analytical because last time I checked Northern Canada wasn't near the United States border unless you're in fucking Alaska! Have you ever looked at a map or possibly ever been up there because there are never snows that stage in the northern half of the province of Saskatchewan since it's all fucking boreal forest! You see the red line that's called the tree line and the yellow is the central flyway flight corridor with another that come in from due north but they split between the central and the pacific. Now due tell this great second hand info from someone who apparently lives in the trees and doesn't own a map. Or how about maybe you post a real report like the rest of us have.

20171025_133840.jpg

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We need ol nut sakangler to come on and tell us how he kills them at 75 yds easy and shot 327 last week

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
Drove from Steele up to Bisbee today. Definitely some good areas of snow geese. If anyone is planning to hunt anywhere along this area, send me a PM and I send you some general locations of the more sizeable flocks.

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
No I just hang out with the Eskimos being analytical about why somebody would say something equivalent to Houston Texas being in North Dakota is considered hyper analytical because last time I checked Northern Canada wasn't near the United States border unless you're in fucking Alaska! Have you ever looked at a map or possibly ever been up there because there are never snows that stage in the northern half of the province of Saskatchewan since it's all fucking boreal forest! You see the red line that's called the tree line and the yellow is the central flyway flight corridor with another that come in from due north but they split between the central and the pacific. Now due tell this great second hand info from someone who apparently lives in the trees and doesn't own a map. Or how about maybe you post a real report like the rest of us have.

Funny-Fishing-Pictures-13.jpg

In my best Jimmy Fallon (Friday Thank you Card Voice) -

Thanks Magellan for breaking out your crayons and giving everyone a geographical lesson in map art.. Please share screen shots of the latest Doppler radar images and explain to everyone where the masses of snow geese are currently located while your at it.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh my,"slow your roll" on our boy dean,he means well and has some interesting insight on occassion,I enjoy the reports as we don't have a migration here in central Mn to speak of.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My reports said they got a good snow Wednesday up in the Nipawin/Tisdale/Melfort/Prince Albert areas. Not sure how far south the snow fell. It should help push the geese down.

Fish On!

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
So is that the southern part of the southern northern part of Canada or is it the northern part of northern southern Canada?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28