So anyone going after them tomorrow

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I Would be willing to bet a good chunk of birds were back at the roost by 10. Either way not my cup of tea fighting saving fields in August.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I Would be willing to bet a good chunk of birds were back at the roost by 10. Either way not my cup of tea fighting saving fields in August.

Yet another reason I forego the August season. The NRs know they can shoot the piss out of them here without it counting against their regular season hunting licenses, while their own home states won't open until Sept. 1 at the earliest. So they burn up fields and fight over whatever is available. Get uncooperative family groups to be educated that much sooner.

The CO I spoke with two years ago on Sept. 3 as we were picking up from our hunt actually made the comment on how nice it was now that everyone was gone. I had to agree wit him!

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anybody get into them? It’s killing me to miss an opener so it helps to see a piles of honkers. I’m hoping they group up better by the time I get out there.

Toby

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah it is funny about the non residents regarding geese. Just got back from an 8 mile horse ride, haven't done that in quite awhile. Took him around the loop and stopped in at old Moon Lake for a drink and a swim. 9 non res guys there camping waiting to hunt in the morning in a field that usually has had 15-20 geese tops each morning and evening. Didn't make much sense to me so I kept on riding. Rode by that field they were gonna hunt in the morning and wouldn't you know it, no geese because the farmer was already plowing her under. Good luck boys, scout better I guess. All I know is that after an 8 mile ride and being bucked off once this guy is going to bed. Sore as hell!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah it is funny about the non residents regarding geese. Just got back from an 8 mile horse ride, haven't done that in quite awhile. Took him around the loop and stopped in at old Moon Lake for a drink and a swim. 9 non res guys there camping waiting to hunt in the morning in a field that usually has had 15-20 geese tops each morning and evening. Didn't make much sense to me so I kept on riding. Rode by that field they were gonna hunt in the morning and wouldn't you know it, no geese because the farmer was already plowing her under. Good luck boys, scout better I guess. All I know is that after an 8 mile ride and being bucked off once this guy is going to bed. Sore as hell!
Just curious what's old Moon Lake? Manly wondering cuz my mother grew up right around the only moon Lake I'm familiar with at least the one that holds the state record catfish now.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Played a round of golf on pebble before the heat set in sat morning. Watched two flocks return I would assume from feeding. But judging by the amount of family groups on the fairways ( during should be feeding hours)I don’t think half the birds are even hitting fields yet.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11