So I went and did it

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awd Astro were ultimate road hunting rig so I heard..... it was like south central drive by just on Chinese chickens

I met a couple guys from Kentucky that were in ND goose hunting the river N. of Bismarck. After a few beers and laughs they talked about how when they would go to SD pheasant hunting they rented vans for their sliding doors and said they worked great on roosters.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I met a couple guys from Kentucky that were in ND goose hunting the river N. of Bismarck. After a few beers and laughs they talked about how when they would go to SD pheasant hunting they rented vans for their sliding doors and said they worked great on roosters.

Huey and BlackHawk Helicopters have gunner and troop deployment doors and machine guns on BOTH sides, just saying.............

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, they weren't. Lack of a Port-side door save for the driver was a major bummer.

Body-on-Frame and using the 4.3L V-6 were excellent ideas though. My dad's transmission failure notwithstanding, I know 1 guy who towed a 20' deck boat w/his AWD Astro and another friend who used to tow his 19' Pro-V from Fargo to Bismarck regularly with an Astro.

Unibody construction and towing is less than ideal IMO and a CVT for towing is a no-go for me.

when you are six teen find one for 1500 and then turn the seat to face the sliding door and turn the back one around deployment out of the back door. tear all the carpet out so you just use a hose to spray it out and a luggage rack up top for decoys we sure felt like we were shitting in tall cotton . haha

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Huey and BlackHawk Helicopters have gunner and troop deployment doors and machine guns on BOTH sides, just saying.............

What's the rental rate on a Huey or BlackHawk from the local car rental shop?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's the rental rate on a Huey or BlackHawk from the local car rental shop?

The comment was only meant to agree with your southern friends about big doors on both sides being a bonus.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member

And it amazes and baffles everyone as to why all the land it posted up...

On a side note, why would you venture 1,000+ miles one way to ground pound out of the ditch??? You could go to your local game farm and shoot them with their head tucked under their wing for far less money....

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

On a side note, why would you venture 1,000+ miles one way to ground pound out of the ditch??? You could go to your local game farm and shoot them with their head tucked under their wing for far less money....

Road hunting is legal here and you have to get permission to hunt any way. Hell its what people do used to go cruise around with my dad when i was little listening to football looking for pheasants. not my cup of tea now but we had lots of fun as teenagers back in the day

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Road hunting is legal here and you have to get permission to hunt any way. Hell its what people do used to go cruise around with my dad when i was little listening to football looking for pheasants. not my cup of tea now but we had lots of fun as teenagers back in the day

I grew up in SD and as a kid everyone road hunted, or so it seemed. And it isn't as easy as some on here make it out to be. The second they hear the vehicle slow down, they bolt for cover LOL.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

Maybe this is the result of everything being automatically posted. Isn't it legal to hunt the ditches in SD? I don't know I have never hunted there.

I am guessing its the adventure. They have come to ND every year for the last 20 plus years for goose hunting the Missouri River. They drag their boats and hunt for 2 weeks in the late season.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
solar-cycle-sunspot-number.gif

bobberdown

mullet head on the jetski has an awesome pair of shorts on!!!???!!!

- - - Updated - - -

long sleeved shirt is also very impressive, shades should have been white framed though, and that would have completed the deal

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
the only time i ride one --- is late in the fall to help a bud put it away---- I have all i can do not to get my jeans wet. SOB flys though 60+ cold damn ride

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
buy wet suits - going to be a cold ##### summer according to the sun (grand solar minimum)

i.e. our big yellow furnace is stuck on a low setting for a while

could be one of those non-summers

or, I'm full of crap. 50/50 IMO

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
buy wet suits - going to be a cold ##### summer according to the sun (grand solar minimum)

You shut your little Minneapolis pie hole

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

Im hoping for above average precip...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lyc - I would too - watering trees is for the birds

- - - Updated - - -

You shut your little Minneapolis pie hole

Ba ha ha

hey - rejoice - there's a 50/50 chance that science is FOS

BTW - what does your greasy western hillbilly bible (Farmer's Almanac) predict?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34