So, If gas hits 5 a gal this summer...

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
(So not all blame falls on Biden.) What! Please read all the measures Obiden has sighed. What was the price of gas when Obiden took office? U could see oil going up as each measure he signed. WOW!!!!!

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
(So not all blame falls on Biden.) What! Please read all the measures Obiden has sighed. What was the price of gas when Obiden took office? U could see oil going up as each measure he sighned. WOW!!!!!

Production was down over the last 8 months of Trumps term. It does not matter who the next president was set to be, it would have been the same result.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Snow"
Found a 51 Buick on internet for 3500. Said it would be a summer project. I think it is the first time i have seen the middle post on door rusted half off. Otherwise, they go 12500 and up. Guess i have own my only 52 Buick in my life. db

I gotta line on a 1955 buick electra convertable thats been in storge for many years,haven't settle on a price yet,old folks passed folks,family members are clueless of value and to lazy to research it so might have this goin to start over this spring,maybe?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Snow:

I was hoping to see one day. What a lost. Nothing salvageable?

My 77 Saloon, maybe worth about $10,000. Asked insurance agent how they would pay if needed and get no answer. Same with my 97 Dodge that is worth more than book (?) and $200,000 coverage on household items they stick on the policy. Cost of coverage is per $100 and not sure if i could spent that much. She did say they would not write out a check for $200,000 but would pay for what i bought up to the $200,000. Then one needs to have only 80% of value to get full coverage for its value. Hopefully never a total loss.

Have full coverage on vehicles but concern is they would use some kind of book value for a car close to fifty years old. Asked agent if i need some kind of special coverage and she did not know.

What was the case on your coverage?

After the 52 had a 56 Buick Special then a 58 Super that i paid $800 for. Maybe can get your 55 for $500. It is old you know. Did deal on a Limited 58 once for $1200. Had ever option available, silver but did buy the $800 one. No matter, would have been sold but i still dream of that Limited. db

Last edited:

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Production was down over the last 8 months of Trumps term. It does not matter who the next president was set to be, it would have been the same result.

Com on 701,let us keep kicking dementia joe in the nads when he keeps telling us lies everyday,now our gasoline and inflation is putins fault,Trump is off the hook.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nah db,fire dept showed up and let the garage burn out,to many "what if's" propane tanks plus the avi fuel in the car gas tank,luckly no nitrous tanks in the trunk. ,looking at that the mess was heart breaking to say the least,I figure I had 20 years of working on it off n on

- - - Updated - - -

Com on 701,let us keep kicking dementia joe in the nads when he keeps telling us lies everyday,now our gasoline and inflation is putins fault,Trump is off the hook.
db-
Right now I'm still bummed,this buick ain't the same as my mopar was,juries out for now

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Simplify...that's what I plan on doing. Does anyone remember when it was a HUGE deal to do something? I remember the first time we went to Lake Powell. Family didn't own any boats or jetskis so we had to rent some for a few days. We camped in the campground in tents that cooked us like an oven after we all got sunburnt... I remember how much fun and inexpensive that was.

I also remember helping my grandpa on his ranch. My fondest memories growing up are from that ranch. Didn't cost a dime...

So my plan is to simplify my life and try to find enjoyment in the small things.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the majority of general consumers would stop buying their $8 cup o coffee every morning maybe a small increase in gas prices wouldnt hurt so bad.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interest rates need to come up. The over-spending needs to get corrected, on a consumer level. I'm thinking all these "recreation" vehicle/watercraft dealers are going to be in for a little bit of a gut check. And in all honesty, it is needed.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Snow:

I guess i was wondering why they only paid $25,000? Concern at a much smaller scale would be the same for me. Do have replacement on home and contends and was told same on vehicle but i doubt it.

It would be hard to look at for me after seeing what was in there. db

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interest rates need to come up. The over-spending needs to get corrected, on a consumer level. I'm thinking all these "recreation" vehicle/watercraft dealers are going to be in for a little bit of a gut check. And in all honesty, it is needed.

Great point sir!

From my basic understanding of economics, rising interest rates is a factor in how the economy works naturally to balance out inflation. But when you factor in the out of control government spending and the strain of introducing too many people into the system that don't pay taxes (illegals, homeless, lazy...any form of govt dependence), I fear that a rise in interest won't be enough.

The economy will have to crash for it to balance out. Hence the term "reset" in "The Great Reset"...

Just my opinion from info gathered from my economics class that I barely paid attention to...

ranger150

★ Legendary Member

Right on.

- - - Updated - - -

If the majority of general consumers would stop buying their $8 cup o coffee every morning maybe a small increase in gas prices wouldnt hurt so bad.

Yep, thats it.;:;banghead WOW!

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right on.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, thats it.;:;banghead WOW!

In a roundabout way, it actually is it. Cut the fat and adjust. If an extra $20 to $30 a tank breaks a person, they really have nobody to blame but themselves.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
In a roundabout way, it actually is it. Cut the fat and adjust. If an extra $20 to $30 a tank breaks a person, they really have nobody to blame but themselves.
The rising price of fuel will raise the price of everything not just gas. At least consumer goods. Everything is shipped and delivered with fuel. Inflation with the rising price of fuel is a recipe for disaster. Top that of with sleepy Joe putting sanctions on Russia. One other thing people don’t realize is Russia and China would love to see the dollar no longer be the world currency. These sanctions could force Russia and China to abandon the dollar as the world currency. If this were to happen and is a way bigger possibility then we think but not a soul is talking about it in the media. It would be catastrophic for the US. In other words the dollar would collapse overnight.

- - - Updated - - -

5 dollar gas would be the least of our worries.

- - - Updated - - -

“The Great Reset”. Me thinks the Dems know exactly what they are doing.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nobody knows how long this will last. Might be over by the end of the week, might not. Does no good to complain and point fingers.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a serious question. What % of the elite dem/lib party actually own electric vehicles? Serious question.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
db,

insurance was about the year of my car,$25k was max regarless of upgrades done,1969 mopar.Hoping for some relief from my mechanics home owners but that's a long shot it sounds like.

Same with my firearms ,max coverage is $5k even tho one firearm is valued at $20k plus all my other thunder sticks/side arms and this is with blanket coverage,not sure if all my ammo is coverd incase of a fire or thieft,I better get on it after losing my car.

Last edited:

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Running my 10yo boat this summer will be enjoyable. It is sparkly, but it was paid for in three years. As I get out on the water I'll likely be chuckling under my breath at those 22' 350hp machines. What are monthly payments on those bad boys, $550/mo?

Also feels good that I have a seasonal campsite for the summer. Haul the camper/boat train up once and park. I should figure out what the savings will be on each of those drives when I don't have something to haul behind the diesel pusher every weekend; savings of $200/mo alone in fuel?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84