Some bad ice

Opie11

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think Up Y'oars might be thinking of Hiddenwood Lake south of Makoti. No Cottonwood Lake that I know of in that area.

Edit: I see a couple people already commented on this. Couple days late and many dollars short!

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see they dropped a bunch of vehicles through in Wi when they parked them all in one spot on a lake... that's a total genius move right about now!;:;badidea

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sure another went through on devils lake yesterday. 24129.jpg

allsitka

Founding Member
Founding Member
It appears the ice fishing season is over in southwest ND. Ice opening up in a few spots and high temps for the last two weeks haven't helped. Looks like a 50 degree day for Wednesday and a very warm outlook for weather. Haven't heard of anyone going through anywhere but the ice is scary for sure.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ice is just too unstable right now..geez guys....stay off until it either freezes up really nice or wait till open water...damn...don't understand why people like to take chances....This year's ice just down right spooky, especially with the temps the way they have been.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't necessarily have to stay off...just the vehicles do. Falling through on foot isn't all that dangerous in its self as long as you don't panic and its not wicked cold out. As long as you have some ice spikes and hopefully a few other people in the area a guy get out fairly fast. Growing up on a lake we would fall through for fun than haul ass for the hot tub. Hell I would recommend doing that for everyone.... Just get some rope and guys together and fall through so you know what it feels like and what to do to get out. One big thing is get your elbows on the ice but instead of trying to lift your self up start kicking your feet. This will push your lower body up to the surface then all you need to do is slid forward. Then it's just a matter of getting the nerve up to go get your gear that likely near where you fell through.

As for the ice I see the river is actually making some today and has started to jam it up south of expressway so it will take a touch longer for Bismarck to clear all the way out.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33