Stenehjem's emails recovered

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just curious here, but what does one think could be found in the emails of the deceased?

It would seem to me that no law appears to be broken by the deletion of the email account, but it sure has brought a perception of impropriety. We've had a number of AGs in ND since the invention of email. Can I petition someone, somewhere, to get Heidi's emails? Or, were they also deleted and nobody cared?
Im thinking evidence of collusion or impropriety in his (family) business dealings and with others in state govt.

Last edited:

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
well they keep referencing the need to review in relation to the perv who traveled oversees for sex w/ kids. that seems extremely doubtful. "hey wayne. guess what?" "what?" "i'm flying to paris to fondle children. wanna come with?" "naw. i'm good." all via .gov email? dumber things have happened i am sure. but, seems more likely they are wanting to review for the above ^^^^ and this is just a way to get their eyeballs in the door. if something shows up related to the above ^^^^ while looking for child sex information, they just back out "legally speaking" and get another warrant.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
Just curious here, but what does one think could be found in the emails of the deceased?

It would seem to me that no law appears to be broken by the deletion of the email account, but it sure has brought a perception of impropriety. We've had a number of AGs in ND since the invention of email. Can I petition someone, somewhere, to get Heidi's emails? Or, were they also deleted and nobody cared?
Well I dont think any other AG refused to pay 15.8 Mil to someone he was directed to by a federal judge , also the massive overrun on the office space that could have been kept at the Capitol. The supposed perv had the authority to basically have the state pay for his trips with no checsk and balances . My biggest interest is in the first two

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member

I guess as a tax paying citizen of ND, with some potential corruption or “ kickbacks” of another lawmaker I think it is very relevant for potential voters to see the truth.
So you okay then if someone dies nothing in past matters? And we shouldn’t use that info to dig deeper into corruption.
I’m as conservative as they come but I don’t give a shit of there a D or an R or an I in front of there name of they are corrupt and can’t represent they public we need to expose them period. Every single one of them is selfish and uses it for personal and financial gain

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

conversations he may have had regarding the overrun on their new offices that smell very fishy

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I dont think any other AG refused to pay 15.8 Mil to someone he was directed to by a federal judge , also the massive overrun on the office space that could have been kept at the Capitol. The supposed perv had the authority to basically have the state pay for his trips with no checsk and balances . My biggest interest is in the first two

Tell me more about this federal judgment against him and his refusal to pay it.

Going over budget is not usually a crime in and of itself. Shiite happens, but that is an eye-watering amount to be over budget.

That last one about Holmgren is amazing in and of itself. How there isn't oversight on political travel is nothing short of BS. These are the same politicians that put in place all kinds of rules on rank and file public servants, including travel...and they're exempt from the same kind of oversight?

I dislike politicians in general.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
well they keep referencing the need to review in relation to the perv who traveled oversees for sex w/ kids. that seems extremely doubtful. "hey wayne. guess what?" "what?" "i'm flying to paris to fondle children. wanna come with?" "naw. i'm good." all via .gov email? dumber things have happened i am sure. but, seems more likely they are wanting to review for the above ^^^^ and this is just a way to get their eyeballs in the door. if something shows up related to the above ^^^^ while looking for child sex information, they just back out "legally speaking" and get another warrant.

LOL, I am quite sure stranger things have happened. But that "eyes in the door" stuff makes sense. Sounds like they are fishing in what they hope is a stocked pond.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
Tell me more about this federal judgment against him and his refusal to pay it.

Going over budget is not usually a crime in and of itself. Shiite happens, but that is an eye-watering amount to be over budget.

That last one about Holmgren is amazing in and of itself. How there isn't oversight on political travel is nothing short of BS. These are the same politicians that put in place all kinds of rules on rank and file public servants, including travel...and they're exempt from the same kind of oversight?

I dislike politicians in general.
I am not doing your leg work , and it is federal judge not judgement that ordered it . if you dig deep enough you will find Holmgren signed all his expenses, let me know if I am wrong

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
OFFS, can't a guy even ask a fugging legitimate question around here?

It's like I asked for people's fishing spots.

Hamm's

Founding Member
Founding Member
You mean whatever I've emailed in my life can be pulled up off my phone! Crap, I better leave explicit instructions to my son to stomp my phone to pieces after my death. I'd hate to have the family find some of the stupid shit I've texted or emailed over the years, especially after a few beers!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Appeals panel upholds bankruptcy court ruling in favor of Susan Bala​

January 7, 2022
Jim Monk
Susan Bala
Susan Bala
FARGO (KVRR) – A federal appeals court has upheld a federal bankruptcy judge’s ruling against Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem in his lengthy battle with the owner of a Fargo horse betting business.

Iowa-based federal bankruptcy judge Thad Collins ruled against state claims in the complicated legal odyssey that began in 2004 against Susan Bala. Collins wrote “enough is enough” and called the ongoing litigation “a runaway process that must stop.”

Stenehjem pursued the 17-year-old bankruptcy court battle with Bala, despite Collins’ blistering rebuke of the state’s actions, one of which might have been illegal.

Friday, a U.S. Bankruptcy Court appellate panel upheld Collins’ ruling.

“The bankruptcy court insisted that this marathon litigation must end, and we agree. The time to reach a final adjudication on claims is long overdue,” the three-judge panel wrote.

In 2017, and more than a decade after Bala’s conviction was overturned, Collins, the federal bankruptcy judge, ruled the state must refund Bala’s business the money it collected for taxes.

State lawyers approved the settlement at the time and the Legislature allocated $15.8 million to be paid to Bala. The money has been held in a bankruptcy trust estate.

Part of the agreement approved by the court required the state to waive any further claims.

“The State had every opportunity to present its case” the ruling says. “The State has had years and years to prepare its case in support of its Claim. We find that the bankruptcy court did not abuse its discretion in holding that the record was closed.”

Bala, 66, was convicted by a jury in 2005 of 12 felonies involving charges of running an illegal gambling business in what prosecutors said was the state’s largest illegal gambling case. She and RSI were ordered to forfeit more than $99 million. The forfeiture was reversed and a federal appeals court overturned the verdict. Bala was released from custody after serving about 17 months.

Categories: Local News, North Dakota News
Tags: BANKRUPTCY, SUSAN BALA, U.S. BANKRUPTCY COURT

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93