Strange Steak Cooking

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just for the fun of it I tried to set a record for the fastest steak I'd ever grilled. I set it on a hot weber grill and used a bertha torch on the top side and flipped it over half ways through . It had a mouth watering crispy outside but it was tougher than Lisa's pancakes on green acres.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
IDK: Grandma used to fry cube steak in butter/corn oil slowly (after beating the hell out of it). Italian
Grandma probably added her wine to the pan. The meat tasted great out of the skillet and both gravies were awesome for the mashed potatoes. I don't recall either lady using seasoning of any sort during the cooking process which is why I posted this vid.

I'm not sure if Grandma ever ate a ribeye. Italian Grandma would salt dry cast iron and place over HIGH heat; in the meantime she'd imbed small garlic pieces in the meat; shake black pepper all over it then flash fry quickly in a demon's hell. "Our" ribeyes back in the day back in the Hills never exceeded a 1/4in.

She learned this from her father who loved Spring as he could give the American Robin the same treatment. Was informed by the History Channel the Romans were ravenous about "thrush"--so there you go::) Dove/robin?...

THIS is the best way to make a ribeye steak at home. Period. Lots of smoke (could this be done on the grill and how would the math change by opening the lid: Is the only solution a probe?):

Last edited:

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
IDK: Grandma used to fry cube steak in butter/corn oil slowly (after beating the hell out of it). Italian
Grandma probably added her wine to the pan. The meat tasted great out of the skillet and both gravies were awesome for the mashed potatoes. I don't recall either lady using seasoning of any sort during the cooking process which is why I posted this vid.

I'm not sure if Grandma ever ate a ribeye. Italian Grandma would salt dry cast iron and place over HIGH heat; in the meantime she'd imbed small garlic pieces in the meat; shake black pepper all over it then flash fry quickly in a demon's hell. "Our" ribeyes back in the day back in the Hills never exceeded a 1/4in.

She learned this from her father who loved Spring as he could give the American Robin the same treatment. Was informed by the History Channel the Romans were ravenous about "thrush"--so there you go::) Dove/robin?...

THIS is the best way to make a ribeye steak at home. Period. Lots of smoke (could this be done on the grill and how would the math change by opening the lid: Is the only solution a probe?):

No offense to Grandma or Italian Grandma, but the second one you posted looks much better. I still prefer mine on the grill for some reason.

Though nothing beats fresh homemade gravy for them taters

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Both would think you're just a baby doll and feed you until you couldn't walk.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 150
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88