Tailrace

wsphead

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just wondering how the fishing has been off shore on the tailrace. We are headed down there from Fargo to set up tree stands and do a little bow hunting. Thanks

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The bite should be picking up any day now. Haven't heard any recent reports here though.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
My suggestion is to go to the ramp on a weekday and throw the biggest jointed Rap you can find. You have a chance for anything, to include of course a pike with a 7in wide freaking head...got a 7lb rainbow with this set up a couple years ago. Surprised the hell out of me.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
for specifics, I'd absolutely check with NFZwaterfowl . Fishes up there a bunch. Was on the rocks on the east side a couple weeks ago, throwing cranks. Not much happening at that point, but I agree with above, should be picking up now thru Thanksgiving. Watch for paddlefish. They equal lost lures when they're in current.

wsphead

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome Thanks. we will only be fishing for a short period of time, and will be back there for deer opener. I didn't get a tag so i'm going to bow hunt in the AM and maybe fish the evening. I will give an update when I get back.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11