Temper temper...

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone else have a short fuse?With my old age I thought mine was just smoldering as of late,then something small ignites it! Maybe its the long dark days of winter?dunno but the smallest little issue like replacing a LED bulb outside light will put me in a tailspin,or have a dip sheet belly up while your enjoying a cold brew watching football and talk sheet,or how about some dumb arse texting while driving and swirving in the left lane@ 40mph...Most days I get to work with two limp middle fingers all fired up.Do I need anger management? :;:huh

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, I think we all might.
Just reading your post is pissing me off

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Goosefraba! Haha. I try not to get worked up about traffic, but sometimes I just can't help it. Man there are some truly terrible drivers out there.

How about every website these days automatically loading and playing videos when you visit their page? That grinds my freakin gears.

Last edited:

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing but a calm day in a boat is the cure for this. O and a few walleyes that like to eat.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
What kind of pills are they pushing on you snow ? Serious question. The last 4 years before my back surgery I honestly couldn't even get along with myself First it was from constant pain and not wanting to take pain pills, Then for 3 months while taking pain pills it got way worse. Finally about 2 years after quitting the pain pills I started to feel halfway normal again. I was on some other meds about 25 years ago and they did the same thing.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha those things irritate me as well. I'm one of those people that very few have seen mad. I just usually shake my head and drop an f-bomb under my breath. Does seem to get worse as I get older. I like to throw out a vulgar sentence once in awhile when I'm alone in the pickup and that help to let it go. For instance this morning and almost every morning when dropping my kindergartner off at school I see this lady dropping her kid(s) off and she is always smoking a cigarette and talking on the phone. Today fortunately the boy had already gotten out and I was pulling away when sure enough there she is in full form. Now what I said was completely out loud and I hope any onlookers thought I was on a hands free phone call but I am pretty confident this is it verbatim: "There's kids around you asshole! Who the #$@% do you have to talk to at 7@%$#ing45 in the morning! Get off your ^#$ ^#%$ phone you stupid ^$%#ing #@%@&!" Honestly I'm kinda looking forward to it happening all over again tomorrow. Serenity Now brothers, namaste.

Now back on topic, do you smoke or chew? I only smoke when I go out for beers and that's maybe once every two weeks. The next day or two though I can really feel myself wanting to be short with people. I catch it and remind myself don't sweat the petty stuff but I swear it's the nicotine that can make a guy grumpy because that's the only time I feel like that.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to be like. Hitting red lights, getting cut off, etc. I would get so angry.

Then I realized that things like that aren't worth stressing about. I just decided that I'm not going to let someone else affect how I feel. Granted sometimes I still get upset, but for the most part I don't get that angry anymore. Just all perspective and how YOU choose to feel about situations.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to be like. Hitting red lights, getting cut off, etc. I would get so angry.

Then I realized that things like that aren't worth stressing about. I just decided that I'm not going to let someone else affect how I feel. Granted sometimes I still get upset, but for the most part I don't get that angry anymore. Just all perspective and how YOU choose to feel about situations.

That's an important point. Now our side of the species seems to have a better hold on this than the fairer sex but it applies to all nonetheless. When we hear the phrase "I can't help it when I feel like that!" The correct answer is "Well you should, and a lack of self awareness is the very first sign that a person could use some therapy." Now most importantly, as self-aware males, we need to be aware that using the previously stated "correct answer" has consequences that could also cause the user to be deemed insane. No matter how much I'd like to drop that gem once in awhile I know my "gems" will be in danger if I we ever to speak that truth around the wife.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
i too have my days....but in all seriousness to answer you questions snow I use to get pissed ay many things in life it wasn't until I went through some serious issues with my 2nd child, 41 days in the NICU,life flight to childrens hospital, surgery etc that I have come to realize it could always be worse. and you don't know what others are going though at that time.

the guy I passed when I was going 90mph on 80th st NE of Bismarck prolly thought I was a drunking idiot.....nope I was driving my wife who was bleeding through a towel to the hospital...

I by no means am a perfect human being or claim to be close to it....but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt....it could always be worse.

- - - Updated - - -

with that being said there seems to be at least 1 driver that's gets under my skin each day generally the turn in front of you really quick and then drive under the speed limit seems to be the hot button for me

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hahaha,glad I'm not the only one,no pills here except a lite dose of asprin when the knees ach,don't smoke or chew either,I do get riled when some jack wagon rolls up to my fishin spot when there's not a sole in site for 500yds spookin the fish.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you start adding up the constant asshattery in D.C., progressive liberalism, complete disregard for other people, kids attitudes now days, the over taxation we see, etc . etc. it's amazing we remain as civil as we are.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im pretty much thinking you should go to Bismarck and get one of them 60$ hugs

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member

This ^. I don't know how many times I've been chased in cars by people I've pissed off and/or flipped off. Now I try not to sweat any of it, because that extra 10 seconds or 10 minutes it takes to get somewhere doesn't really matter. Plus it's better for your health if you're not angry all the time.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you start adding up the constant asshattery in D.C., progressive liberalism, complete disregard for other people, kids attitudes now days, the over taxation we see, etc . etc. it's amazing we remain as civil as we are.

After further reflection I take back that it's age making me more apt to be crabby. It's he shit you just mentioned.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just mark it down as another dumbs**t and continue on. I will not give them the satisfaction of pissing me off.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 25
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6