that first colocoscopy

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
While you are doing the prep you will be ready to beat whoever came up with the name go lytely for the prep juice. Not joking. I wanted to hurt someone every time I had to drink more. But the anesthesiologist and I had a nice talk when he came in to visit and the next thing I remember was asking my wife when we were going to get this over with and she laughed and said it was over for awhile already. That being said I had to have the upper GI at the same time which might explain my added anesthesia.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
the stuff they give you to clean out by far is the worst thing of the whole experience. the rest of it is: wow done how did i get dressed? did i talk to the doctor already? what did i say? and hey were did i get that tatoo?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I have to eat is Huhot. Clean as a whistle and have plenty of air to bloat my intestines for 'em!

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Been putting mine off after my friends story.

Did all the prep, got in the room and was laying there and this fella comes in an starts the "procedure" and then leaves after about 10 minutes. Shortly the nurse comes in and tells him the doc will be right in pretty soon, He asked who was that fella that just left, the nurse said she had no idea. :;:help

Make sure you read everyone's name tag.

Last edited:

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing to it. Though the go lytley experience is unique though. I don't remember any pain afterwards. Wonder what I did with the pictures now that someone brought it up. One thing it made me realize though is that those expensive and extensive colon cleanse things are likely just a gimmicks. Cause you are clean as a whistle by the time you are done with that gall on of liquid they make you drink.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife has gone through colorectal cancer, chemo, radiation, etc. I'm something of an authority on this topic.

Follow the directions. They will know.

Drink all of the go-juice. They will know.

Don't lie about whether or not you've eaten in the past day. They will know.

If you've misplaced your keys or the tv remote, mention it to them. If they see it, they will get them back.

My absolute favorite reading on this topic is by a great author, Dave Barry. Lemme get it for you.

Pull up a chair, this is worth the read:

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/dave-barry/article1928847.html

You're welcome. And remember, they will know.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
A coworker got an erection during procedure, kept my distance from him after that

is the pre exam juice bad because of the taste or its effects, I imagine my day will get here eventually

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Both, and quantity. Only time I drink that damn much liquid is when I am on a bender.

A coworker got an erection during procedure, kept my distance from him after that

is the pre exam juice bad because of the taste or its effects, I imagine my day will get here eventually

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife has gone through colorectal cancer, chemo, radiation, etc. I'm something of an authority on this topic.

Follow the directions. They will know.

Drink all of the go-juice. They will know.

Don't lie about whether or not you've eaten in the past day. They will know.

If you've misplaced your keys or the tv remote, mention it to them. If they see it, they will get them back.

My absolute favorite reading on this topic is by a great author, Dave Barry. Lemme get it for you.

Pull up a chair, this is worth the read:

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/dave-barry/article1928847.html

You're welcome. And remember, they will know.

Agree with the above. Welcome to Adulthood. :;:

Our middle daughter is an RN and has worked in a clinic that specializes in colonoscopy s for the last 6 years. She has the best real life jokes to tell. Bite the bullet or a Shad Rap you will be fine. Best of luck!

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best of luck. The whole process sounds like the complete opposite of fun. Cross your fingers they didn't run out of lube on the patient before you.

Finaddict

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been there, done that, too many times. Hope the results prove that you are the perfect A Hole we know!

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have had more than half a dozen of them already. Two were regular ones then one to check out an attack of colitis. Colitis was fine but when I came to the doc says, "I got some bad news. You got stage 3 colon cancer.". After surgery and chemo I had to have one every year for three years then they said one a couple of years later and now that I've been clean for over 5 years I can drop back to every three years. It didn't bother me as much as some other people. I just told them I wanted to be out cold so I wouldn't hear the doc say "OOPS". They tried to talk me into a spinal but I don't want to know what's going on and anesthesia doesn't bother me. I did tell the doc that I wanted him to sign a statement to my brother afterwards that in fact my head was not up there. Thought a couple of the nurses were going to wet their pants over that one. Good luck.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had 4 in 6 years. Same old story, polyps found you get rescheduled. I have had good luck with no pain but I did wake up a bit and was able to watch some of the procedure on the tv. Actually pretty awesome.

Colon cancer is preventable and fatal.

I call the juice "Go Quickly".

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member

So while he was unconscious and having his turds burgled, you were there to witness his erection. And you're keeping your distance from him because, you know, he's the weirdo. My advice to you, guywhoisinforasurprise is to be aware of Wiggler's whereabouts before they put you under. Godspeed

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
So while he was unconscious and having his turds burgled, you were there to witness his erection. And you're keeping your distance from him because, you know, he's the weirdo. My advice to you, guywhoisinforasurprise is to be aware of Wiggler's whereabouts before they put you under. Godspeed

lol, nope I didn't partake in the procedure... just got to hear about it at a break... actually helped with my diet.... It would be an epic prank to slip a surprise up there for the "victim" to find at their first bowel movement.... would have to be pretty well connected and certified insane to try it.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had 3, two I didn't remember, or feel a thing. The one, part way threw the procedure the nurse woke me up, and asked me to roll on my other side, as they couldn't make it around one of the curves in my colon. I managed to stay awake a little to watch it on the monitor.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep this is why NDA rules the interwebs. Even on days where a guy has a tough time smiling this place makes you laugh your ass off.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My brother has had a few more then me because of family history of colon cancer. The last time, he told his work crew if anybody wanted to kiss his ass nows the time because it never going to be any cleaner. No takers.;:;barf

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 42
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14