The Great Escape

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tell the rest of the story. You know what I mean.

It's your story , Why not just tell it the way you want us to hear it . :) Haha jokes aside I've noticed you dodging these bullets since I first came on here and saw the little pokes and jabs you throw and then when someone grabs holt of you and gets you in a corner you don't have much to say and you usually try to make it look like your getting picked on. I haven't ever saw you stand up on your own 2 feet and actually back up your opinions. Sometimes you do get picked on but you seem to enjoy it , NDGF runs some highly skilled talkers in their tribe too. I would just as soon they didn't talk in circles and quit beating around the bush when it comes to guides, outfitters and farmers. I see a pattern here.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK, Dave I sponsored the measure the first time, but not the second. I had different ideas than them, they did things the first time without talking to the rest of us. There were thirty sponsors and two or three did things without talking to anyone else. When the second time came around I was not interested. If they are just looking for tools without brains I wasn't it. Both sides of this issue are wrong, so pick your poison. This is about the seventh or eighth time I have explained this. I didn't tell the story again because I was getting sick of doing it. I think the first time was 2009. You see the truth is the year it went to a vote I didn't sponsor it. However, when the debates started I did get pushed to choosing a side and for me it couldn't be those who turned an American heritage into a business. Over the years I have watched humanity ( not picking on high fence operators you notice?) fail to many times and disease worries me. We failed bringing in carp, we failed bringing in grass seeds and leafy spurge with it, we failed when zebra mussels got into North America, we fail over and over and still think we control things well. It's a human failure not one single group.

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
OK, Dave I sponsored the measure the first time, but not the second. I had different ideas than them, they did things the first time without talking to the rest of us. There were thirty sponsors and two or three did things without talking to anyone else. When the second time came around I was not interested. If they are just looking for tools without brains I wasn't it. Both sides of this issue are wrong, so pick your poison. This is about the seventh or eighth time I have explained this. I didn't tell the story again because I was getting sick of doing it. I think the first time was 2009. You see the truth is the year it went to a vote I didn't sponsor it. However, when the debates started I did get pushed to choosing a side and for me it couldn't be those who turned an American heritage into a business. Over the years I have watched humanity ( not picking on high fence operators you notice?) fail to many times and disease worries me. We failed bringing in carp, we failed bringing in grass seeds and leafy spurge with it, we failed when zebra mussels got into North America, we fail over and over and still think we control things well. It's a human failure not one single group.

Time after time we see disaster by moving species from one continent to another. Sometimes we see success so high that they only exist here and have gone extinct in their home country where people put more value on a dollar than sustained wildlife populations. We here often put the dollar first sacrificing our integrity in the process.

Are koi native to North America?

- - - Updated - - -

\Today it's the people pimping antlers scaring people.

Like these guys "pimping antlers"?

I wonder if plains is a member?

http://www.barnescountywildlifeclub.org/?page_id=464

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like these guys "pimping antlers"?

I wonder if plains is a member?

http://www.barnescountywildlifeclub.org/?page_id=464

Markets for Game are Eliminated

Current Status, Threats, and Challenges.— Commercial trade for reptiles, amphibians, and fish is thriving (Nanjappa and Conrad 2011). In addition, some game species that we would expect to fall under the principles of the Model are actively traded. Deer (Odocoileus spp.), elk, ring-necked pheasants (Phasianus colchicus), quail, chukar (Alectoris chukar), and more exotic wildlife species are commonly bought and sold (Freese and Trauger 2000). Related to wildlife markets are contests and tournaments common in rural areas of the country. Big Buck Contests, coyote hunts, crow (Corvus spp.) hunts, and numerous other commercial contests imply a market-based hunting situation. The sale of furbearers, seal (Phocidae) fur, antlers, reproduced antlers, and a variety of other wildlife parts needs to be considered in light of the principle that markets for wildlife are eliminated. A robust market for access to wildlife occurring across the U.S. and Canada exists in the form of leases, reserve permits and shooting preserves.

No one needs to panic. PG's people at the wildlife society won't be applying the "Model" against Big Buck Contests just yet. They have enough battles going, why open up another war on another front?

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Markets for Game are Eliminated

Current Status, Threats, and Challenges.— Commercial trade for reptiles, amphibians, and fish is thriving (Nanjappa and Conrad 2011). In addition, some game species that we would expect to fall under the principles of the Model are actively traded. Deer (Odocoileus spp.), elk, ring-necked pheasants (Phasianus colchicus), quail, chukar (Alectoris chukar), and more exotic wildlife species are commonly bought and sold (Freese and Trauger 2000). Related to wildlife markets are contests and tournaments common in rural areas of the country. Big Buck Contests, coyote hunts, crow (Corvus spp.) hunts, and numerous other commercial contests imply a market-based hunting situation. The sale of furbearers, seal (Phocidae) fur, antlers, reproduced antlers, and a variety of other wildlife parts needs to be considered in light of the principle that markets for wildlife are eliminated. A robust market for access to wildlife occurring across the U.S. and Canada exists in the form of leases, reserve permits and shooting preserves.

No one needs to panic. PG's people at the wildlife society won't be applying the "Model" against Big Buck Contests just yet. They have enough battles going, why open up another war on another front?

Kinda like area that has those bible clinging, gun toting, redneck deplorables the liberal hates.

The elitist mentality is apparent.

The only thing high fence has going for it is keeping the slobs out of the field. Its dissapointing there are so few real sportsmen around. .

http://www.petersenshunting.com/gear-accessories/versus/long-range-hunting-ethics/

https://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gun-shots/ethics-long-range-hunting

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/st...4/11/19/long-range-shooting-ethical/19299633/

"No less an authority than the Boone and Crockett Club recently has taken a position discouraging long-range shooting.The club is North America’s oldest hunter conservationist organization, founded in 1887 by Theodore Roosevelt. Its national headquarters is in Missoula. It owns the Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Ranch on the Rocky Mountain Front west of Dupuyer.

In its recent magazine Fair Chase, the club says long-range shooting takes unfair advantage of the game animal and its natural capacity to use its senses and instincts to detect danger."

:)

. Their is a reason groups like the Safari Club International and others define fair chase for their members.
Your right laws were enacted, and do you know who asked for them? Sportsmen asked for them, not anti hunters, but responsible real conservationist hunters. Not irresponsible if it's legal it's ok crowd frightened when the market hunters said "we need to stick together". Today it's the people pimping antlers scaring people.

So if someone is putting together a rifle and working up loads at the bench primarily for long range hunting are they a "responsible real conservationist hunter" practicing "fair chase"?

Will Boone and Crockett stop recognizing any game animals taken at yardages further than they decree is not an "unfair advantage"?

Perhaps these "groups" no longer represent the "average" American hunter but have been taken over by those with the elitist ideologies we see displayed here lamenting there are few "real sportsmen" left.

There should be a couple long range hunting rifles and colorful fish for sale on here soon..........;)

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
For some people the issue is disease. The CWD protein prion can live in dead cervid spinal column and bones. North Dakota has rules that sportsmen cannot transport carcasses from endemic areas.

Montana has been added to the list as they just had one or two positives near Bridger and Belfray.

http://billingsgazette.com/lifestyl...cle_2b990ff2-5ec1-5f9a-824d-565bbcf2d3d7.html

Montana has been testing and watching along its border with Wyoming. They know it's going to walk across.

There may be some good news:

http://mnbowhunters.org/2017/02/27/genetic-resistance-to-cwd/

- - - Updated - - -

Uffda, just saw this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/why-this-deer-disease-could-change-the-way-americans-hunt-forever/ar-BBFKBCm?li=AA4ZnC&ocid=spartandhp

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Now there is some fact based reporting for ya...........

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88