This kid is THE MAN!!! Almost catched the ND state record bass on video!

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eh, I used to fish over that log all the time.

Kinda where I'm at on the whole deal. People fishing both sides every time I've been there. More of a 'suggestion' and liability type thing.
Around the 9.5 minute mark there's a white truck and a few guys fishing even deeper in no mans land....

Anyhow. good job youngins. Thought I was the last generation. Guess not. :)

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
The guys in the white truck were fishing over the fence which is legal. The plant doesnt want you crossing that fence. I personally wish they would just fence that whole shoreline to the south and allow people to fish over the fence.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Irregardless, that is a giant bass. Kudos to the young man. I got me a 4.75lb last year and was proud.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have often wondered why that area is restricted to begin with. Anyone know?

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have often wondered why that area is restricted to begin with. Anyone know?
Probably because of idiots over the years. Amazing how disrespectful and lazy people can be. How hard is it to pick up your garbage when leaving a shore fishing spot? Never understood that one and is a pet peeve of mine. There are times when it is unintentional and when it's a popular spot, the occasional trash is bound to occur (wind, etc). But for the most part it is because people are just plain lazy slobs, which in turn, ruin it for the rest of us good folk.

On a brighter note, that is a pig bass and that is awesome! Congrats to the angler

Last edited:

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rumor has it a family was fishing the pool back in 90s. child drown in the canal thats when it happen. when i first was fishing nelson you could drive to the front gate tell them on the intercom that you were going fish and drive out on the canal fun times.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
We used to fish the pools to the south in high school. We also used to climb on the dam on the east shore and fish from there as well. All these places were open to fish, btw. There was always a log across the output though. Hell when we were really little and still swam in that lake, we'd have battles on top of that log. I do know that there's some pretty fancy cameras on minnkota's property.

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very cool video! As others mentioned, it is just great to see the kids out fishing. We used to fish that area when I was a kid... and we may have also fished the south side of the logs.

Congrats on the catch, and good job on releasing it!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 47
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 14