Through ice.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two family friends went through at skunk this morning. One didn't make it. Hard to take. Theses guys weren't rookies they new what they were doing. Even the most experienced can get in a bad place.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My buddy knew them both well too.
Sorry for all involved, prayers sent.
Worst news I think a guy can hear about a fellow outdoorsman.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is terrible. After big warm winds small pressure ridges can open up and refreeze rendering them invisible. Im am so sorry to hear about this and prayers sent.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sad sad deal. Prayers out to the families.
With all the warm weather this winter even the most alert fishermen can have accidents. Wouldn't go out on the ice now with the way this winter has been for any money. No fish is worth your life.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone know if it was regular four wheeler or a side by side? Just trying to figure out what exactly happened. Bad deal all the way around....hopefully this spooks enough people and maybe saves someone else from the same fate.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
This weather is very bitter sweet for us ice freaks. If I'm gonna go, I'd rather go doing something I love doing though. Prayers to the family as this is a hard one to deal with. Be safe folks. Might not be able to fish those favorite spots anymore. Settle for a place you can drill your way out to.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
This weather is very bitter sweet for us ice freaks. If I'm gonna go, I'd rather go doing something I love doing though. Prayers to the family as this is a hard one to deal with. Be safe folks. Might not be able to fish those favorite spots anymore. Settle for a place you can drill your way out to.
And wear your spikes, not in your pocket but around your shoulders so they are ready in an instant, no fumbling in a pocket. I plan on getting and wearing the suspender type pfd as well. Also smart to grab a dry bag and keep dry socks, pants and sweatshirt, hats,etc with in the sled, I know space is an issue but it could save a life... skip a solo trip now, carry a throw rope and make sure someone responsible knows where you are going and such. Just my .02 and sorry to hijack, maybe it helps somebody new or somebody old and complacent.

Last edited:

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cannot keep from thinking today how lucky we are and how things can change in a nanosecond.

Last edited:

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
To the guys who risked there own life to save them. Words cannot say enough how much it was appreciated. You are true heros in my eyes.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88