Top of the Morning!

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mornin' Boys! Coffee in the cup, sun on the rise, and all is peaceful. Nice way to start the day. More harvesting today and hopefully the last of the wheat will hit the bin and we can take a break until beans. Stay Safe out there fellas!
Have fun out there. I sure do miss being a part of harvest season. On those days EVERYTHING tasted good and any beverage quenched the thirst.

Good morning, NDA. I'll be doing some touch-ups to the house, in preparation for winter. Just small stuff, but plenty to do. Hopefully I get done in time to wet a line in the evening.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Morning everybody. Buddy and I went up to Sak on saturday evening, to chase some smallies. Only caught a couple. Later in the evening, fished the east rocks in the tailrace. No walters, only catfish. One seagull too.

Still was a nice night, which I know, is Native for "no fish".

NodakBob

Honored Member
Took a sunset paddle down the mighty mo last nite with the waning hot weather...gotta play concrete contractor today to replace some bad sidewalk slabs...
D9D9FE42-7CFE-4499-93AD-79568DD8401A.jpeg

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do hope to be able to contribute to the thread more with the construction season coming to the end soon. I have already told my other jobs boss that I will be working 4 tens and half a day on Friday so I can spend more time on the weekend for some extracurricular activities. During the summer I on avg work 75 to 80 hours a week so with only one day off leaves me with little time to do much besides washing clothes and stocking up on weekly supplies. I have one more year then I will be fully invested in my ESOP then I can either decide to start the next journey in my life or continue with this job for a few more years.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just another day at the warehouse for me, have an eye on a different home, will update how all pans out.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Good morning.
They ended up getting the concrete poured, at my brother’s, before I got off work, but I did make it over there in time for the free food and drinks. 🤣

Looking like a normal day, today. I love these crisp mornings.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mornin' Gents!! Wheat harvest is over for me and my crew. All went well with most fields going in the mid 50's with the top field hitting high 60's. Protein was all over the board with some loads being 14 plus and the next being 12. No break downs, a couple F ups, but everyone safe and sound and the wheat's in the bin or elevator. Clean up equipment today, a couple odds and ends that were overlooked due to harvest, and a whole lotta R&R before getting ready for soybeans. Be safe out there folks.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
House breaking a new puppy. Man is that a handfull. Forgot how much trouble they can get into but its going well so far. Mama needed a lap warmer, its been two years sence her Doxie passed so its time. Should have t he training done by early winter. LB

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mornin' Gents!! Wheat harvest is over for me and my crew. All went well with most fields going in the mid 50's with the top field hitting high 60's. Protein was all over the board with some loads being 14 plus and the next being 12. No break downs, a couple F ups, but everyone safe and sound and the wheat's in the bin or elevator. Clean up equipment today, a couple odds and ends that were overlooked due to harvest, and a whole lotta R&R before getting ready for soybeans. Be safe out there folks.
How do the beans look out your way?
House breaking a new puppy. Man is that a handfull. Forgot how much trouble they can get into but its going well so far. Mama needed a lap warmer, its been two years sence her Doxie passed so its time. Should have t he training done by early winter. LB
That is a double edged sword. It can be frustrating, but also rewarding. Worth it in the end.

Still tinkering around the house today. I have some small siding issues to work through, and start my fall garage clean up.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The beans look better than I expected given the lack of rain for weeks and weeks this summer. Knee to thigh high. Hope the pods fill, but we will see.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Morning...guys and gals....Yesterday became a certified NASP archery instructor. Hoping to get some kids interested and start up a program here.

Oh and half my house arrived yesterday!!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Morning...guys and gals....Yesterday became a certified NASP archery instructor. Hoping to get some kids interested and start up a program here.

Good morning.

Congrats on the house arrival.

We are starting to cut trees, to be prepared for the upcoming winter.
Heading to Bismarck on Saturday for x-country, then hoping to fish on Sunday.

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member

Morning all.

Congratulations on the certification. I have been seeing more and more archery in schools, which is great to see.

I'm helping a guy with harvest today. Sounds like I'll be running cart. Going to be a good day.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Picking a load of veggies for Friday delivery. Got about a hundred # to pick and dig, Busy day for me in between rain showers. New puppy likes to help dig potatoes, she really gets after it with dirt flying every where. Fun to watch. LB

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
I'm picking out spots to try this weekend. Fishing Audubon tomorrow morning and the east end of Sakakawea Sunday afternoon. Haven't been on Sak in a while so I'm sure it'll take some driving around to find them.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Busy Morning today. Yardwork that was put off for wheat harvest and now an afternoon of more of the same. Stay safe guys.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I am working for a few hours this morning. I think I might head to Sak and fish a bit after that. Hoping I can fish today for a bit, then on Sunday again. 🤞

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Picking a load of veggies for Friday delivery. Got about a hundred # to pick and dig, Busy day for me in between rain showers. New puppy likes to help dig potatoes, she really gets after it with dirt flying every where. Fun to watch. LB
I miss those puppy days.
I'm picking out spots to try this weekend. Fishing Audubon tomorrow morning and the east end of Sakakawea Sunday afternoon. Haven't been on Sak in a while so I'm sure it'll take some driving around to find them.
Good luck out there!
Busy Morning today. Yardwork that was put off for wheat harvest and now an afternoon of more of the same. Stay safe guys.
You have a little window from now until bean harvest, I suppose. Almost looking like it will be two more weeks before the beans will go around here.

Good morning all. I'm going to sneak out to the lake and wet a line today. I love fishing on these cooler days. The older I get the less I can handle the heat.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
just got back home spent the first 9 days in sept in montana hunting sharpies and huns then hunted sharpies in nd till yesterday. Dog needs a week or so off.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62