Tournament on Crystal Springs Today?

Mr. Pike

Just happened to be driving by and saw a bunch of ice fisherman on Crystal Springs today. Was there a tournament going on?

Mr. Pike

I wonder anyone caught any fish. The Game and Fish checked the oxygen level a couple of weeks ago and the lake was considered hypoxic.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does GF post the lakes that are winterkilling anywhere? I saw a post over the weekend that a game warden said 30-50% of the lakes are in bad shape. Not good.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
Anything I've seen was 30-50 lakes not 30-50%. Some lakes are updated on the ndgf site but there hasn't been a list released yet

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Quite honestly, every lake in the state with a heavy snow cover is at risk of being a problem right now. I have not been hearing squat for good fishing reports. Lots of "the pike are swimming right under the ice and up the holes, to...the perch and eyes are getting hit in the face with the bait and just aren't interested". Classic symptoms of oxygen depravation in fish.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
Went through the ndgf site and found around 20 updated as likely to winterkill. None in my area so I'm assuming there's more to come. Agree with the poor fishing reports, haven't heard anything good this year
16775299857974648378231415249450.jpg

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went through the ndgf site and found around 20 updated as likely to winterkill. None in my area so I'm assuming there's more to come. Agree with the poor fishing reports, haven't heard anything good this year

@Freedom That Cottonwood Park Pond you have a question mark behind is located in south Bismarck. It's off of 12th street and in behind the soccer fields. I've only tried it once, but they stock it every spring with catchable pike and maybe catfish and perch? It's mostly known as a kid fishing hole for catching pike. Not very deep, so it winterkills often.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
@Freedom That Cottonwood Park Pond you have a question mark behind is located in south Bismarck. It's off of 12th street and in behind the soccer fields. I've only tried it once, but they stock it every spring with catchable pike and maybe catfish and perch? It's mostly known as a kid fishing hole for catching pike. Not very deep, so it winterkills often.
When starting the list I had thought to not include the obvious put and take that winterkill almost yearly so I put the question mark there, that one made the list but a couple others I noticed and left off. Unfamiliar with most of them, must be mostly Western side of the state. I'm in the SE, I don't think they have my area up to date yet

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84