Tracks needed for Lake Winnipeg?

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
Just got back from LW this morning, Fishing was great! our group managed to get over 25 MA's in 4 days. Biggest was 31"

With the significant amount of slush and severely wet conditions, One thing I noticed a lot more of is that there are a lot of nice looking rigs on the lake ranging from Tracked vehicles, Side by sides, ATV's, sno bears, etc.. - Color me jealous as I was dripping wet... I think Im going to upgrade!!

post up some pics of your Winny Rigs I need some ideas :;:thumbsup

sponsy12

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got back from LW this morning, Fishing was great! our group managed to get over 25 MA's in 4 days. Biggest was 31"

With the significant amount of slush and severely wet conditions, One thing I noticed a lot more of is that there are a lot of nice looking rigs on the lake ranging from Tracked vehicles, Side by sides, ATV's, sno bears, etc.. - Color me jealous as I was dripping wet... I think Im going to upgrade!!

post up some pics of your Winny Rigs I need some ideas :;:thumbsup

Did you fish in the rain at all yesterday? how did the shorelines and acesses fair after that? was there monday and it was fine out of warner.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_6811.jpg

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
What kind of box is that on back of the ranger? Looks neat. Tracks tend to throw a lot of snow and everything on back gets covered. That box looks handy.
MuskyManiac;6 6065 said:

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
The slush and water was pretty bad. Chatted with a couple guys on snowmobiles and they're were soaked.

We stayed dry, loving the new rig.

image.jpg

image.jpg

dakotaeye29

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had an issue with snow and slush catching in the sled tarp behind our ranger. If you leave your seats up when the tarp is on, it helps to shed the snow off.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
huff, that rig is awesome! have you weighed it? What model of tracks are those? They look heavier duty than some other trackers I have seen with tracks.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
The rig is just under 3K as it sets.

Tracks are Mattracks model 65 M1A1 rated at 5K GVW.

Some people run tatou or other 4wheeler tracks on trackers. They look sketchy IMHO.

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
Did you fish in the rain at all yesterday? how did the shorelines and acesses fair after that? was there monday and it was fine out of warner.

I did not, but talked to some guys that sat in their tents all day- Soaked again! shorelines sounded fine though. Although, the roads into the accesses were a mud fest

- - - Updated - - -

Both are Sweet rigs for sure!! HuffRanger I did see you running around on the lake I believe on Saturday...

MM- what model Polaris is that and I too would be curious where a box like that could be purchased..

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
What kind of box is that on back of the ranger? Looks neat. Tracks tend to throw a lot of snow and everything on back gets covered. That box looks handy.

Im pretty sure the top box is a polaris brand. It attaches to the box via the rubber plug system. Lock and ride? It doesn't completely seal on the back door which didnt seem to be an issue anyways. The tracks throw a lot of slush and snow. If there wasn't a cab on it, we would have been soaked. Probably just would have driven slower if no cab. It is a 900XP. 2015 model year? It was awesome to ride around in, but there is over 20K sitting there before the tracks. Although he gets more use out of that rig than anybody else I know with a ranger.

- - - Updated - - -

We had an issue with snow and slush catching in the sled tarp behind our ranger. If you leave your seats up when the tarp is on, it helps to shed the snow off.

We found this out about 2 hours into the trip. Great tip!

buzzard01

Founding Member
Founding Member
Huffranger..we were the group next to you at the hotel with the other white ram megacab...your rig was cool and would be great for stayin warm and dry....Did your other friends find bait when they came up, think it was the Saturday night.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
The slush and water was pretty bad. Chatted with a couple guys on snowmobiles and they're were soaked.

We stayed dry, loving the new rig.

Huff,

if you don't mind me asking, what are those tracks rated for and how much do they run. I'm going to be setting a rig up in the next year. Making my mind up on a side by side versus something like this.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
he mentioned earlier that they are rated for 5000 lbs. With those you could go with a little bigger rig like an s10 chevy blazer. however, the blazer is about 1000 lbs heavier than his tracker. some day I will have a rig like that...

- - - Updated - - -

ice fishing rig.jpg

This will have to do for now. I would like to pick up an atv someday for early/late ice with little or no snow.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33